Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun Fish Friday!!

Yesterday was Fun Fish Friday!! It was the day we started our aquarium. Spicy Girl has wanted a pet for quite some time now, so we decided to get some fish. I have never seen a child so excited about fish. You would have thought we bought her a pony.

Spicy Girl got to choose her fish. We decided on goldfish, so she chose two different ones; a calico and shubunkin.

This one in her hand is Sophie.


Welcome home Brooke and Sophie.


Sophie





Brooke













The fish are in S.G.'s room, which has helped with her sleeping in her room again (whole 'nother story). We started with two fish and one plant so that we can add to the fish tank for fun. This has been a very exciting day for S.G. (She got "student of the week" at school, a special package in the mail from her cousin, and two new fish). Her comment before she went to bed last night was, "This was the best day ever!"






5 comments:

PandaMom said...

Awesome!!!! Anything to get her in her room! LOL! We need to talk and catch up!!!!!!!!!

~LL~ said...

So fun....I remember getting excited about our oldest's aquarium. I remember donating about 20 swordtails to the science department (we didn't know they didn't lay eggs, but were live birth) I remember keeping 1 swordtail and 1 baby that got away.....that happened to be female....donating another 30 or so to the pet store. I remember having 1 beta named "BETA" and 1 sucker fish named "Slurpee." I remember the final flush and the dismantling of the tank....and thinking I love my dog.

Mama Darling said...

She looks thrilled! What a great idea to just add to the aquarium little by little. Makes an easy way to reward her or encourage her or even "bribe" her. lol
I can't think of a better "Student of the Week." Congratulations SG!

mommy24treasures said...

oh fun! She looks soooo happy:):)Caitlyn wants a new puppy and the name she has chosen is Sophie too:)

PetticoatPoms said...

I had such fun reading your blog and "meeting" your family. Your daughter is beautiful and I can't wait to hear how she likes her new furbaby!