Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Pretzel"versary" !!


This weekend marks our one year anniversary of opening our Auntie Anne's Pretzel Store. What a year! It's been a roller coaster ride. Ups and Downs...Ups and Downs... There have been times we've wondered what in the world we've gotten ourselves in to. Then we remember how much prayer and time we spent with God on this new adventure. HE opened the doors. HE showed us the way. HE provided every means for us to get here. He didn't promise it would be easy or perfect, but He did promise to provide... and He has. Opening a new store in the worst economy we've ever seen (in our lifetime) was risky. We know store owners in the shopping strip that are behind on rent and worry that they just may not make it. We are doing just fine. It's nice to have a year under our belts. I do hope this next year brings a little more comfort, stability and dare I say, prosperity. Here are some pictures from a year ago; our grand opening.

D.S. and my dad checking the inventory list




Free Pretzel Day! Our first day open...November 22, 2008.



Our first tray of pretzels!!



I took pretzels to Spicy Girl's Kindergarten class. She was so surprised!!



Two of our first customers....and also family friends.
A HUGE thank you to our parents! Did we really think we could do this in another city or state without your help??? You all have been the biggest and most wonderful support and help to us! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

4 comments:

Shari U said...

Congratulations on your first anniversary! Glad to hear it's going so well.

~LL~ said...

Aw... that is just awesome. Though I miss you guys terribly, I'm SO happy for you!~

Rebecca said...

I thought of you guys this weekend... we were getting pretzels at the outlet mall and for the first time in a year, all my gift cards and car lane freebies had run out and I had to pay cash... so I guess my supply of "free" pretzels lasted an entire year and was just long enough to get me and my little bear hooked!

Mardi said...

It's been one year already! Wow!! Congratulations!!