Saturday, May 08, 2010

Mother's Day



Mother's Day
To the two women who stepped into my life and took over the role of "mother"...thank you!
To my daughter who has made me a mother....thank you!
To the grandmother's who have loved, comforted, played with and cared for my daughter....thank you!
To the grandmother's, who were more "mother" to me than my own, who have now passed on....thank you!
To my aunts who "mothered" me as a child...thank you!
To my friend's mothers out there who helped me through adolescents, thank you!
A mother is someone who nurtures, cares for, teaches, disciplines, watches out for, meets the needs of, and loves you unconditionally. She doesn't have to give birth to you.
Thank you to all the Mothers out there who care for the motherless.

5 comments:

Shari U said...

Happy Mother's Day, Laura, and Happy Birthday, too! I hope you have a great day.

Boppa said...

Happy Mother's day to you too. Thank you for being a dear daughter and Mother to my grandaughter too. I Love you!
Mom Carrie

Boppa said...

Happy Mother's day Sis!!! I love your Blog that is how I know what is going on with you all!!!! I love ya! Missy

Mardi said...

Happy Mother's Day!! and Happy Birthday too!!

Mama Darling said...

Love the post. You're a GREAT mom! Glad you had a great birthday!