Friday, July 18, 2008

Lancaster, Pennsylvania


Well, the time has come. It's been about 6 months of prayerful planning. I'm not going to say what it is yet, but that we will go through about a 5 hour interview on Thursday, July 24. We have been approved thus far, and now wait for the final answer. We are not moving to Pennsylvania, just interviewing there. Please keep us in your prayers. We want to make sure we are on the right track. While there, we will of course get to see a part of the U.S. we've never seen. I'm sure we will get to taste some delicious Amish treats as well. Spicy Girl is soooo excited to ride on an airplane. Today we bought a Kung Fu Panda backpack to fill with all kinds of "airplane" goodies. D.S.'s mother, Nana Spice, is coming with us to help with S.G. and see the sights with us. We are excited and nervous at the same time. Again I say, please pray for us. This is a whole new road in our lives, and we want it to be the right one.

18 comments:

~LL~ said...

Will pray for your interview and that all the doors will be open.

Miss you bunches...safe travels

Anonymous said...

May you go exactly where God wants you to be, and may He make the decision easy for you.

Julie and Steve said...

Remember that you are always EXACTLY in the spot God wants you to be at any given moment! We can't always foresee his plans for us...going to PA with an open heart and open mind is a great thing! Have a wonderful trip.

Lauren said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord"

Take LOTS of pic while in PA...

Adele said...

Know that I am praying for you, my friend. Hey, if you get a chance can you please email me? I have lost my email addresses and you were on the list. thanks.
Enjoy Lancaster!!!

Nikki said...

OK, praying here...looking forward to hearing all about it.

XO

Jill W said...

Praying that everything falls into place. Enjoy Lancaster. Hershey isn't too far away and I am sure SG would love it! Gettysburg is also a very neat place to visit. Enjoy you trip!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers will proceed you. God's will be done. Sometimes the right path seems twisted as a pretzel, but He will see you through. Boppa Spice

Mama Darling said...

You are in our prayers! Enjoy PA. It's a beautiful state. We used an adoption agency in Greensburg, PA.
I sent you an email. July 24th is Daddy D's birthday. Maybe we will have 2 things to celebrate! Keep us informed.

SabineM said...

Best of luck. We used to live in Collegeville PA. Loved our time there. I used to love visiting the Amish Country

Ashley said...

I've been praying since your last post ... can't wait to read more. Many prayers being prayed on your behalf ...

Steffie B. said...

ok...I had so much to catch up on.....you have been busy....i will keep you in my prayers...and I must say sweet girl....you look fabulous!!!! ;)

Kelly And Allison said...

I used to work close to Lancaster and love the area. Miss Amish bread. Hope the interview goes well. Enjoy your trip.

Mardi said...

I will be praying for God's will in your next steps! I've been to Lancaster and it is so beautiful and peaceful!! Have you ever read Beverly Lewis' books? (There based out of Lancaster.)

Ashley said...

I'm anxiously awaiting an update!!! Can't wait to "hear" what God's up to in y'all's lives!

Shari U said...

Okay, Mommy Spice, you must be home by now and we're all patiently waiting for your update!!! Hope you had a great time

Steffie B. said...

I will be praying for you....and I can't wait to hear about your new journey! ;)