Saturday, May 09, 2009

Culture Day in Kindergarten


Spicy Girl's Kindergarten group celebrated Culture Day at school yesterday. Mrs. "N" gave me the opportunity to come in and teach about China. What a joy that was for me; first of all getting to teach, and second of all, sharing about the beautiful country my daughter is from. The kids traveled to the other classrooms for lessons on other countries, so I got to share with 5 classes.

It was hard fitting all I wanted to share in only 20 minutes, but it worked! I greeted the kids with "Ni Hao," showed them the map of China, talked about The Great Wall, Pandas, Chinese Characters and using chopsticks. In the picture below, the kids are using chopsticks to put cotton balls in a cup.
In the years past, before school days, we attended the big FCC Culture Day in North Texas. Here are some pictures from last year's Culture Day with our playgroup friends.



3 comments:

~LL~ said...

that looks like a lot of fun....it's fun stepping back into the classroom sometimes, huh?

PandaMom said...

How fun and awesome!!! Love the pic of the three little beauties! ; )

Happy Mother's Day!

Mama Darling said...

I'll bet SG really enjoyed having you there and making her feel very special. Love the pictures. Just can't believe how much our sweeties have grown!