Sunday, May 24, 2009

This and That

I know, I know, I've been a terrible blogger lately. Does anyone even stop by anymore?? We have been so busy these past couple of weeks. D.S. and I have been working at the store everyday know covering a lot of extra shifts. We hardly have time for anything extra these days. I'm finally off today, and plan on sitting in my p.j.'s all day. And now I get to play a little catch up. So, here's what we've been up to this week.

With D.S. and I working so much, we've had to call on the grandparents to help out with Spicy Girl. Thankfully, Boppa and Mamama Spice live right by S.G.'s school, so they are able to pick her up and take her to their house for some after school fun. This is what I found S.G. and her grandmother doing the other day. Riding around on the gator, looking at the different flowers and fruit trees. S.G. got to see peaches, pomegranates and pears growing on trees. Right here they're looking at the beautiful lantana, which Mamama Spice's mother planted years ago.




Last week, we found a dog that most likely was "dumped" by our front gate. We are way out in the country, so to find her in front of our gate means she was very lost, or dumped. She had no collar on. So we tried to get her in the car to take to a shelter, because we were afraid she'd get hit by a car. Well, she was terrified of the car, so we brought her down to the house. She is the sweetest pup. Yes, she is pit bull, but shows no aggressive behavior at all. I don't let S.G. play with her by herself though. I stay very close. So, here we are a week later with this pup living on our porch. Does anyone want her??

See how I'm loving on her here? I can't resist dogs. I really love them. Well, this pup had been in some poison ivy, and yes, now it's all over my arms. Needless to say, I'm not loving on the pup anymore. I am VERY allergic to poison ivy.

Spicy Girl had Buddy Day at her school this week. Most schools refer to this as Field Day. Buddy day means they get a buddy to hang with the whole day and go to any station they want, instead of traveling with their class to each station. S.G. and her buddy had a blast!!





After getting good and hot, they were ready for a snow cone. Grape was S.G.'s choice.

I'll try to keep up a little better. Life keeps us pretty busy these days. I will hopefully get to slow down a little as school comes to and end and I can stay home with my little Spicy Girl.

7 comments:

~LL~ said...

I stop by.... :)

Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry about the poison ivy.

I would love a dog, but we aren't ready for another one yet. :)

Shari U said...

I'm still reading and I love the updates! Sorry about the poison ivy, that stinks. Hope ya'll have a great weekend. Is SG out of school yet?

Mommy Spice said...

S.G. gets out June 2. I am a little sad. Although I'm so proud of her progress, and how much she's grown, I know how fast these school years go. Next thing you know, she'll be in 5th grade, hanging out with her friends, getting ready for middle school. Sigh....

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

I so understand about not keeping
up. I find it much harder now
that my spicygirl is getting
older. I LOVED ALL THE NEW PHOTOS
YOUR SPICY GIRL IS GORGEOUS!!!

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!!!

SINDY

Julie and Steve said...

Don't stop blogging! I know I have gotten bad at posting updates to mine as well...but I DO check in on everyone at least once a month! Looks like you guys have been busy but also having a lot of FUN. :)

SabineM said...

Yeah Do not stop! I check in!
I have you on my blogger reader, so i know when you have something new. I don't always comment but I love reading you!

Mama Darling said...

I've really slowed down on blogging too, but I still update when I can and I ck on SG to see how she's doing. Looks like she's doing GREAT and enjoying her time with her grandparents! I know you'll be glad when school is out. I think we're going to end things at the end of this week and just do fun stuff over the summer. I need a break! I laughed when I read about the poison ivy because it brought back memories of the time you had to go to the dr. here and explain how you got it. Remember? We miss you. Looking forward to seeing you this summer.