You know those friends you've had for years....but years go by and you don't see them? Then, when you see each other, you just pick up where you left off? This is my friend Shawn, who is my oldest friend. We've known each other since we were about 5-6. Our parents were friends back in the 70's. We spent every moment we could together.
Today we saw each other for the first time in 6 years. We took our kids to the Kite Festival and picked right up where we left off. Now that we live in the same town again, I hope we don't wait another 6 years!!
Today we saw each other for the first time in 6 years. We took our kids to the Kite Festival and picked right up where we left off. Now that we live in the same town again, I hope we don't wait another 6 years!!

2 comments:
I so wish I had known this was happening. My sweet girl keeps pretending to go to the "tight festibal" and we have no idea what she means, only that when you play this game you run around the house saying, "I'm going to the tight festibal!" and sometimes you have to gather food. We have never spoken to her about a Kite Festival, or a Tie Festival, either of which could be mispronounced to "tight festibal." So it would have been neat to actually go to one. And bring food.
Sigh. Maybe next year.
I had never been, but always heard about it. It really was fun, however S.G. enjoyed eating all the snacks out of the cooler more than the kite flying. I hope you guys make it to the "tight festibal" next year. :)
Post a Comment