
Last summer, my dear husband (Daddy Spice) took a stroll through Barnes and Noble. He was looking for books about cattle.... because we live on my parent's land and help take care of the cattle. While searching for his book, he happened upon the book, Beekeeping for Dummies, and he thought, "Why not?"
He read the book in one day, and decided he also wanted to be a beekeeper.
He read the book in one day, and decided he also wanted to be a beekeeper.
I did NOT jump on board right away. Just like the pretzel business, it took me a while to "soak" it in. My answer last summer was a resounding, "NO!" He understood. So, he bought more books and has spent these past several months researching bees. One of his first lessons was how to find a beehive. He set out some sugar water, and found that within 5 minutes, it was covered with bees. That meant a beehive was close.
Last weekend, D.S. disappeared outside for a while. Spicy Girl noticed he had been out and about too long, so she put on her boots and trotted off to find him. The next thing I know, they both come running into the house elated about the beehive they just found. That's right, my man tracked the bees and found their hive. I know you can't see them, but they are inside this tree! About 300 yards from the house.
Guess where D.S. is today?? Yep, bee school. My man has already been to some of the local beekeeper meetings and found out about this class. He's been looking forward to it alllll week. I have to say...once again, I am so proud of my eclectic man. He always keeps life interesting and fun! ~~~and on a fun side-note, my class has always been the Busy Bee class...and I am the QUEEN BEE!
Oh how I love my preacher, pretzel making, computer, beekeeper Man!
BTW~~~ The bees are on order and will be here in April. Already got the hive boxes ready!
Guess where D.S. is today?? Yep, bee school. My man has already been to some of the local beekeeper meetings and found out about this class. He's been looking forward to it alllll week. I have to say...once again, I am so proud of my eclectic man. He always keeps life interesting and fun! ~~~and on a fun side-note, my class has always been the Busy Bee class...and I am the QUEEN BEE!BTW~~~ The bees are on order and will be here in April. Already got the hive boxes ready!

6 comments:
Sounds so interesting. We really hated to see you guys move, but SG is really getting to experience things that she would never have had the chance to see here. Just wish we lived a little closer so DD and DB could take a field trip!!!
That is very cool !!
Awesome. I can't wait for a follow-up post to this.
I want honey! I want honey!!!
Oh how fun! I bet that will be such a fun experience for sweet Spicy Girl. I have missed you! How is your Yueyang sweetie! We have been busy as a bee. No pun intended. LOL! Come check out my new blog!
Oh wow!! I have to say, although I respect bees, I could never be a bee keeper...hat's off to your man! Life is about to get a lot more interesting around your place! You'll have some excellent honey in the house too!
Post a Comment