Saturday, February 07, 2009

Who Will I Marry?


The other day Spicy Girl asked me how she was going to know who to marry. Catching me a little off guard I proceeded to answer her question the best I could. I explained that when she was MUCH OLDER, she'd meet someone who she really enjoyed spending time with; someone who she would go on special dates with. After spending a lot of time getting to know each other and praying about this person, she would know that this would be the person she would marry. There were more details, I just can't remember everything I said...and mind you, she's 6 and doesn't hang on to a conversation very long.
So, at school Mrs. "N" has these little books prepared for kids to write stories in. Spicy Girl titled hers, Julian. I opened it to find this story...


I have to tell you, I really thought this was the cutest thing. Julian has been one of her good buddies at school. She's talked about him all year. I knew the sweet innocence that went in to this story and just had to giggle a little. Of course, Daddy Spice has explained that the only two boys she's aloud to love right now is her Daddy and her Boppa; but it's just fine to have very special friends.

7 comments:

Christy said...

That is just totally cute!! I love the innocence of the whole thing. She is doing great with her writing-- wow good job SG!!!!

Christy

Rebecca said...

I wondered what your take on that would be. :)

I like that she has picked someone who was her friend (and not that "unattainable" boy who ignores girls) and who makes good choices and helps others.

~LL~ said...

Love it....who knows that Julian may be the one....think of David and me ;)

Julie and Steve said...

OMG! I love the "Ode to Julian" that is awesome. Make sure you save these for her to look back on one day. :)

Mama Darling said...

Too cute! DD and I have had a very similar conversation. I thought she might be watching too many Disney princess movies with Prince Charming, etc. but I guess it's just the age. She was so upset that we were missing church Sunday because she wouldn't be able to see her best friend, Caylin(sp), who she is going to marry. LOL Two months ago she was planning to marry Micah...so who knows?

Ski Patrol said...

Snow Bunny has decided she will marry Hayden!! Looks like a triple wedding!!

Mardi said...

Oh how sweet! Happy Valentine's Day!! :)