Since our move back to Central Texas, we have greatly missed our playgroup from North Texas. I've told the story before, but it all started in a Home Depot. Spicy Girl was 2 1/2 when we met Panda Girl and her family. On an outing with Panda Girl one day, we bumped in to Deshing Darling. After meeting D.D., we met two other families with daughters from China, and then one more. All that to say, we became the closest of friends (the mommies and daughters) and met every week for playgroup. We planned field trips, parties, Chinese New Year celebrations and photo sessions. The girls were all within a year of each other. It was the most wonderful 3 years. Some of us have moved on. Three of the girls started Kindergarten this year. Well, we don't get to see each other much anymore.
But today, the Deshing Darling family passed through our area and came to see our store. Then we went over to McDonald's for some lunch. I did not tell Spicy Girl who we were going to see. Check out the picture of her staring at Deshing Darling. It took her a minute to register who she was seeing. Oh, it was so wonderful to see them. If only the rest of the group could have been here too.
* I put my pictures in the wrong order. Start from the bottom to see the first meeting.

7 comments:
How great that you were able to see each other again! I miss those playgroup photos you used to post.
Oh, how sweet. I can't believe how much doodle bug has grown! Looks like a fun day. We had a mini reunion with Anastasia and her family over Valentine's weekend. Chris had a long layover in PA, so Abby and I went along with him. We spent Saturday afternoon with them and had such a fun time. Glad to see you back on here. Hope the pretzel business is great!
I'm SO GLAD we had the chance to stop by and see y'all today! We have missed you so much. What fun! We are so happy that your business is doing well and God's plan is continuing to be unveiled to you. We really enjoyed our visit. I can't wait to get together again this summer with whole bunch! PS. I "borrowed" your group picture for my blog. Thanks!
The smiles say it all !
Oh, so sweet....glad you got to see your friends. Like Kimberley..I miss those playgroup pics : )
I love these smiles!!
So sweet! Love that old friends still can connect!!
Jojra is from Suixi Guangdong.
Post a Comment