I'm going to quote one of my favorite John Denver songs to go with the pictures:
"Well life on the farm is kinda laid back, aint much an ole country boy like me can't hack. Early to rise, early in the sack...thank God I'm a country boy.
Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm, a raising me a family, a working on the farm. My days are all filled with an easy country charm. Thank God I'm a country boy."
This is where we live. This is what we see everyday. This is the way the sun sets in the evenings outside our front door. There are blessings all around. No matter how hard life is, especially these days, there is so much to be thankful for.

7 comments:
Love these pictures!!!
BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the pictures and the country looks so nice. I cant belive that is where you live-- amazing!!
How beautiful, and how warm!!! I'm sure the summers are hot but I would love, Love, LOVE the winters!
So great....can't wait to see you in a few ;)
I'll be honest. SG had told me she lived in the country... and really, I didn't understand until just now; she lives in the COUNTRY. It's not just a turn of phrase or a joke, it's where she lives.
I am sorry I doubted her, but I also have folks with imaginary siblings, elephants in their backyards, and who have recently returned from weekend trips to foreign countries, so you know.
That is just breathtaking! You're so right...we all have so much to be thankful for in these hard times. Thanks for the reminder. :)
Who'da thunk I would ever even be close to being a country boy?? Thank God.
Post a Comment