When I was a kid, I always chose my cereal based on the prize in the box. It didn't matter if I liked the cereal; just what toy I could get. Well, you don't find prizes in cereal boxes much anymore. You usually have to buy 6 boxes and mail in the "box top" while also paying shipping and handling. Spicy Girl found a box of Rice Krispies that had a Disney toy inside. Every time we went to the store, she begged for that cereal. I explained that it was not a sweet cereal, and she would not like it. Well, she insisted she would eat the whole box. Now, I knew how this story would end, but I got the box anyway; I knew at least we could make Rice Krispy Treats when she realized she didn't like the cereal.
Spicy Girl loved this activity. She really made these all by herself...with just a little assistance from Mommy. Now, this is the way to eat Rice Krispies!! :)

6 comments:
I don't buy sweet cereal for my kids. They only eat oat meal with nuts and dried fruit. I bought rice krispys home once and they were gone in a day. They love them with just milk. They aren't so easy to find in Germany. My kids get their share of chocolate and gummy bears. I am wondering if you are close to a referral?
Definitely the BEST way to eat Rice Krispies! For a super special treat, you can add in a few "Fruity Pebbles" to take them NEXT LEVEL!
I always hate how the rice cereals get soggy within 10 seconds of adding the milk...yuck. But I love me some marshmallow treats! :)
I was just thinking the same things this week! We bought a bo of Trix that actually had a prize in it. I totallycaved and let Jacob open it just to get the prize out remembering how I loved to get it the prize when I was young. He doesn't even eat Trix. The girls do. It was a lego racer so they didn't mind.
Yum! I thought about you today when I bought an Auntie Anne's pretzel for Mia. And, I'm not ashamed to admit that I had used it as a bribe to get her to behave while I got my hair cut and did a little shopping! Wish we could have gotten it at your store! :-)
Looks yummy! We don't buy sweet cereal either...just Pop Tarts!lol I guess that's why Dr. Shelly loves us.
ok, you are making my mouth water ... i love some rice krispy treats ...
hope the business is going great!!
oh, and I love the farm pictures above ... My mom grew up on farm and I used to love go and visit !!!
Post a Comment