Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break!!


Spring Break has come and gone in a flash! We filled this week with as many activities as we could...on top of working at the store. We began the week with a visit from Sonja and a trip to the zoo.

Spicy Girl's first purchase (by Sonja) was a pair of binoculars. Great purchase! She used them all day.

S.G. loves the flamingos....despite their stink.

One of our favorite stops was the Butterfly Exhibit. We had butterflies landing all over us....butterflies of every kind.

I believe this was the most beautiful butterfly!


Feeding wild squirrels and birds.


Unfortunately, S.G. took a little spill and had to get "doctored" up. A nice scrape all the way down her arm.


Another fun spring break event was visits from some of our North Texas friends!

Here we are sharing samples of every Auntie Anne's pretzels.


One night, we went out to our friend's camp out and made s'mores. Yum!!


We lived in this area the first year we had Spicy Girl. We were part of a playgroup here when our girls were babies. S.G. and I finally hooked back up with them this week. The girl on the far right was one of the original girls in this group. It was awesome seeing them again. There are several more we knew, but they couldn't make it to the park on this day.

We have done so much more that I didn't get pictures of. Last night we found a carnival in our area. S.G.'s grandmother promised her a ride or two and some cotton candy. So, after dinner at Luby's we ran over to the carnival and rode a few rides...and got cotton candy..as promised.
It's been a great....but very busy week. I wish we had another!!

5 comments:

PandaMom said...

The wild squirrels are crazy!!! I can't believe they just came right up to her!

That awful scrape down her arm!!! OUCH!!!

Glad you got respite from pretzels for awhile. ; )

Amy said...

I love the butterfly photos!

Steffie B. said...

Looks like a fabulous spring break..... ;)

Mama Darling said...

Looks like you had a great spring break! I love the pictures, especially the butterflies. We are studying butterflies next week and I'd love to take the girls somewhere like that. I'm glad to see that you were finally able to meet with your original play group...but SG will always have a special place with the Chopstick Chics!

~LL~ said...

AWESOME pics....I'm glad I didn't look preggers in YOUR picture. LOL!!! I just can't get over how big SG looks!