This weekend we had the most perfect mini vacation. No, I really mean it. Perfect!! D.S. starts his new job tomorrow, so we thought it would be really great to get away this weekend; just the 3 of us. So we planned a little trip to San Antonio. We've been there a million times. It's always been a great "anniversary" night kind of place because it's far enough away from home to be "out of town" but easy to go and come back in day.
D.S. had never been to The Alamo. Born and raised in Austin, but never visited The Alamo. So, we all took off on Friday and headed straight to San Antonio. We even found a hotel that allowed small pets....so Cooper came too!
After our visit to The Alamo, we went to the Riverwalk for dinner. One of our favorite restaurants is The Original. The weather was amazing, so we ate out by the water.
On Saturday we took Spicy Girl to Fiesta Texas (Six Flags). She absolutely loved it. That girl will ride ANYTHING...3 times in a row! It was "preview" weekend, and there was hardly anyone there. We got right on and off every ride!
To say this weekend was perfect is no exaggeration. There was not a glitch in it. Oh, to have one more day there.....
Well, we're home now...and D.S. starts his new job with Dell tomorrow. Yes, we still have our Auntie Anne's. One can roll just so many pretzels in a lifetime.

5 comments:
Sounds like a blast! Good for you guys getting in a mini-vacation. S.G. looks so grown-up with her new haircut (or new since the last time I visited your blog!)
WONDERFUL!!!
I'm so glad you got to go spend a weekend away! Tell Daddy Spice good luck with the new job. We love you!!!
Looks like a fun weekend. Good luck to DS with his new job!
OH!!!! I prayed that y'all would just have the BEST time of being together, relaxing, having fun and being exhilarated over DS's new job!! I REALLLLLLLLY want to see you in person soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; )
I can't believe I missed you! and your pretzels!!!!
Promise me - next time!
Post a Comment