Monday, April 19, 2010

Bees...Postponed...


Well, we were completely bummed when we found out we won't get our bees until next weekend. So, here are a few pictures of our hive box (we have more but are starting with one).


And while Daddy Spice was setting up, Spicy Girl found flower petals to pick.

Cooper loves the great outdoors

Oh, and we have baby birds above our front door light...for the third year in a row.


We've had three new calves born this spring. This little guy was born on Good Friday, so we call him Friday.

Spring is my favorite time of the year out here at the bunkhouse. It's full of life and beauty. Now, if we can just get our bees buzzing....

3 comments:

Shari U said...

Ya'll are turning into real country folk, Laura! It sounds like lots of fun at your house. I think you have a lid anniversary coming up very soon. Will this be 3 looooong years? Remember when 10 months seemed like an eternity?

Mommy Spice said...

Oh my goodness Shari. It was the 17, and I forgot. I mean, I've thought about it, but I forgot to remember on that day. 3 long years is right.

PandaMom said...

AHHHH-DORE that first pic of SG!!!!!!! We were so excited for the bees to come and envisioned all sorts of things over the weekend! LOL!! PG was really concerned for your welfare and not getting stung! ; )