Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sick Germs!!


I don't believe in Jinxes! I really, really don't! But on Tuesday I was in the teacher's lounge and joined a conversation about kid's stomach viruses. I expressed my great fear of....let's say... regurgitation. Really, it terrifies me.
So, I've had some sick kiddos in my class lately. They haven't gotten sick in the classroom...and if they did, I'd be the first one out! But they've stayed home a few days sick with a tummy virus. So, Wednesday was just another day, although I noticed myself a bit more agitated. By the last 30 minutes of the day, I became quite nauseated. Dismissal came, the kids were gone, and I was slowly going downhill. I figured I had just had "one of those days" and tried preparing things for Thursday. Nope, couldn't do it. I had to go home. And it's a good thing I did! I will spare the gory details. Let's just say, I haven't been back to school yet, but am definitely on the mend. I can sit upright now, and am attempting solid foods again.

Ugh! Kid Germs!!

3 comments:

Mom 2 six said...

Hope you feel better !

~LL~ said...

Ugh... so sorry. I KWYM. We have had a few viruses going through our classes. DS #3 was sick last Monday 2 weeks ago and then again Saturday.... Fortunately, nobody else got it. Hope you mend quickly!~`

Mama Darling said...

Do you remember your first year of teaching when you caught EVERYTHING that came along? Maybe you're just building up your immune system...again. Glad you are feeling better. HOpe no one else in your family gets it.