When we lived in North Texas, before the whole episodes of January, which took our life in a whole new direction, I had Spicy Girl's Kindergarten year all planned out. I knew where she was going to school. I even had a job opportunity there. I put a lot of time and prayer into preparing for her first year of school. Well, you know how that goes. Sometimes things don't turn out exactly how you have them planned. So, when we knew we would be moving, my first concern was S.G.'s Kindergarten year. Not knowing where we were going to live or where she would be starting school was a hard pill to swallow. So, we did all we knew to do. We prayed. I started praying for S.G.'s Kindergarten teacher and class back in January. Let me just say, we are happy
One of my joys is getting to spend time in the classroom when her class is doing something special. Mrs. "N" does an author study with the kids each week. After about 8 weeks of author studies, she decided to do a culminating activity where the students got in "author" groups to make a poster about their stories. I got to come help a group with one of my favorite authors, Kevin Henkes. After making their posters, each group got up and shared about their author. S.G. is telling the class about Kevin Henkes, and what she liked best about his stories.

13 comments:
I'm glad Spicy Girl is having such a good Kindergarten year. Abby has the exact same "When I grow up I want to be a ____________" and she wrote in "techer". I guess that's a good sign they like school, isn't it?
I am so glad that SG loves her teacher and her class. She is such a sweetie! I can see how the sweet, kind, firm combo works well:).
How great that SG is loving school; it is so important.
I loved seeing the pictures. When Jazzie's class was learning about the elections, their teacher had them vote on their favorite Kevin Henkes book: Wemberly Worried and Chrystanthemum which won by a very narrow margin ;-)
she is making some sweet memories with mom..what a beauty
what a blessing a teacher can be in a child's life ... that poster is amazing ..
I'm so glad she is enjoying school. The blessings run both ways, though... what a great girl! And who wouldn't want this job?
What a great activity! So much fun when they get do talk about their faves!
Looks like fun! I'm glad things are working out so well and that you are getting to spend time in her classroom. What a beautiful smile!
so glad to hear SG has adapted to her new environment so well. Wonderful.
This is such a darling post!! Love her to pieces! ; )
SOOO happy to hear that things are going well for the whole spicy family!
We are also HUGE Kevin Henkes fans here - his books are so much fun.
Hi Laura, I did not recognize your name when it came through on my request for a blog for memories about Jana. I'm a little slow....
Love catching up with you and learning the latest chapter in your life.
Jerri
I'm glad that SG, likes her teacher
wow...KINDERGARDEN!!! I still have
a few years and I know they will
go by so fast. It makes me sad!
P.S. I LOVED ALL THE ARTWORK!
Have a great week!
Sindy
Post a Comment