Monday, November 03, 2008

Gotcha Day # 5


Changsha, Hunan Province, People's Republic of China
November 3, 2003



"Good morning Spicy Girl. Today is our 5 year Gotcha Day!! I thought I'd surprise you with a new Panda LPS that came with a fortune cookie. You want your other pandas to join you for breakfast??? No problem."

"What would you like to do today?? Gattiland. Sure, no problem. I'll pick you up from school at lunchtime."

"I don't suppose you'd like to play some games after pizza. Yes?? Ok. Hey look, Nana's here. Can she play too??"


"What's that? You usually get to pick out a new toy? Well, it's time to go to Toys R Us then. Oh yes, you can get ANOTHER Littlest Pet Shop dog. Hmmmm, the pooper scooper one?? Ok. Yep, you can get the baby panda too if you promise to take good care of him."

"Are you ready to go to the mall to get a new charm on your charm bracelet? Do you remember what you got last year? It was a leopard I think, for your preschool leopard class. You want a letter "L" this year? Sure thing. I bet we can find one.... A cookie?? Are you ready for a snack already? Ok, but you have to get the great big one with M&M's. Yummmm!"

"You mean we're not done yet?? You want to watch a movie? Well, ok, only if we can pop some popcorn too."

"Do you know how much I love you sweet girl? Do you know that you're a dream come true? Do you know that you make my heart smile every single day?? Happy Gotcha Day!!"

19 comments:

Unknown said...

THIS POST MADE ME smile..just beautiful

Anonymous said...

What a perfect day!

Beth

Shari U said...

Awww, so sweet. I've waited all day to see what you would post about this special day. Abby has been begging to go to the Build a Bear Workshop for months, so I took her there this afternoon and then she and Scott and I went out for Chinese food (Daddy is flying a 4 day trip). This year seems really fun because I feel like she can finally understand the significance of what we're celebrating. Happy Gotcha Day Spicy girl and all our other group 543/549 Hunan girls!

Linette said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I was smiling and laughing as I read this post. Wow-5 years together!

Anonymous said...

How very special! I am so glad that you celebrate this special day w/Lauren. My parents have always made me feel special on the day that I joined their family. Only we call it, "family day." Lauren is getting SO big! We miss you at NABS!

Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe it's already been 5 years. She is getting so big and what a little beauty. Glad she had a great day.

Christy said...

What an amazing day!! Happy gotcha day SG!!!! It is so strange that you had SG in your arms in the same place we had mia placed in our arms-- changsha hunan. Happy gotcha and what a special day!! I totally am going to steal your idea of a charm each year-- great idea!!

Christy :)

~LL~ said...

Oh, the tears.....I'm so happy for you, everytime I read something like this.

Happy Gotcha Day, to you all!

Becky said...

Such a special day! Gotcha Days always touch my heart! Sweet memories, and gratitude for such a precious blessing from God! Happy Day!

erica said...

It looks like you girls had fun! Gotcha day is so beautiful! Time flies! It doesn't feel like it could be that long ago. I remember Spicy Girl at a little under 2 years; she's been a doll and a delight since. I miss you guys.

Ashley said...

What a beautiful post! Happy 5 Years!

Jill W said...

Happy Gotcha Day! What a special way to celebrate!

Julie and Steve said...

This brought a tear to my eye! What a wonderful "dream come true" day for S.G. - just like your "dream come true day" five years ago!!! I can't wait to bestow this kind of fun upon my daughter every year...

Anonymous said...

My heart, my liver, my pancreas... all my guts and soul are smiling because of my granddaughter. Beautiful Gotcha Day to remember. Mommy Spice is SuperMom.

momto3_jjj said...

That's so beautiful. I love the way you make all things so special! Happy Gotcha Day S.G.! I loved having you in my Rainbows class. Love you guys! Miss ya!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

The joy that a GOTCHA DAY brings ... i cherish each one ... Maggie will have her 1st one this Saturday ..What a year this has been ... thanks for your sweet words ... I too prayed for the women caring for my daughters before they came home and even though I know Maggie's caretaker couldn't or wouldn't care for her I was privileged to pray for them ..

Steffie B. said...

she is so cute I can hardly stand it....what a wondeful day....then and now! ;)

mommy24treasures said...

what a sweet sweet post. I just love reading fellow Hunan family blogs:) Happy happy family day:)

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Happy Gotcha Day...I just loved this post! I too love the idea
of getting a charm for a bracelet
that's very special!!! SG IS SO
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Have a great day!!

Sindy