I found out last week that Spicy Girl's class was going to celebrate Chinese New Year all day on Monday.....so S.G. and I decided to do a little shopping at our local Chinese supermarket for some goodies to take to school.
We not only found the yummy little panda cookies, but we also got rice crackers that S.G. loved as a baby, Chinese candy wrapped in edible rice paper and red envelopes to share with her class.
We decided to have our Chinese dinner a day early so we wouldn't get caught in the crowds. We found The Noodle House, which is in Chinatown. Delicious, authentic Chinese food!!
I got to join S.G.'s class for a little story time. I read My First Chinese New Year, shared a map of where S.G. is from and joined in the feast with our goodies.
MMmmmm, noodles, fortune cookies and other yummy treats!
Gung Hay Fat Choy!!
Gung Hay Fat Choy!!

5 comments:
These are sooooo great to see!!!! I miss you so much. We read the same book....the one from Cheerleader! I think Z and L are wearing the same dress from MommaDarling! LOL! ; )
Oh I just love this post. Love the pic of her in the asian market with the panda cookies. She looks beautiful in her pretty red dress too!
I love how she is clinging to your leg as you are reading the story to her class. Mallory would soooo be doing the same thing. :)
Happy Chinese New Year!!!
What a fun day!!! SG looks adorable as always and I love the picture of her clinging to your leg. They just love when mom and dad get to come into the class and visit. They are always so proud!!
Christy :)
Wonderful post and pics! Miss you guys!
Happy New Year! Brings back good memories. I know SG's teacher was glad to have you volunteer. SG was obviously proud to have her mama at school.
Post a Comment