Sunday, July 05, 2009

JULY

How is it already July? Where did June go? I think I did about 4 posts in the month of June. Now, here we are in the first week of July and we've already done so much!! It's been a great week with lots of special surprises. First of all, my cousin Jill came for a visit with her family. Her daughter, Shelby, competed in the National Junior Olympics Tae Kwon Do competitions....and got first place in her category I might add. Jill and I grew up VERY close to each other. My dad and her mom are twins. Oh the mischief she and I got into as kids. Oh the fun we had spending our summers with our Mimi. I hadn't seen Jill in two years....too long!!

It was also such a treat to see Uncle Jim and Aunt Jan!!
There's Boppa Spice with Jill's son Travis.

Spicy Girl just fell in LOVE with cousin Travis. I think he had a little fun with her too. Travis is going to school to be an elementary school teacher!! Right up my alley!! I'm soooo proud of him!!
Go Shelby!!

S.G. also had Vacation Bible School this week. One of our friends goes to the Christian Chinese Church and invited us to their VBS. S.G. had a great time there and made some new friends.

4th of July!! Nana Spice came out to spend the night with us. We saw an awesome fireworks show. It was HOT and MUGGY, but a beautiful sight.


And this was all in the first week of July. Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!!

6 comments:

Kris said...

I love the last photo of SG...she is such a doll!

~LL~ said...

I hear you on the passage of time. I can't believe that we are just a few weeks until August, then a few weeks until school. WOW!

PandaMom said...

LOVE the Chinese church visit!!! SG looks so darn adorable watching the fireworks. I can't believe I'm typing this, but this was the first year of my life that we didn't watch the fireworks!!! : (

Unknown said...

love the pics, you have been busy

Mama Darling said...

Looks like so much fun...Just think what the rest of July may be like! Are you still going to be busy July 31st?

Unknown said...

Just checking in...Great photos...looks like you guys are having an awesome summer! :)