Monday, August 17, 2009

It's All in a Week...or so

Oh yeah, we've been busy. It's sad, but I can't even remember what day it was that we met with these special friends passing through our area....but it was less than a week ago...right? Anyway, these dear friends of ours stopped by our store, and then ended up taking Spicy Girl and me to one of our FAVORITE restaurants.

S.G. and I stopped by my parent's house the other day and found Boppa Spice sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee. S.G. was all too thrilled to join him.

I called my niece and nephew and invited them with their 3 beautiful daughters (my great-nieces) to join us for the first annual Austin Ice Cream Festival. It was HOT. Not just HOT, but AFRICA HOT (in Matthew Brodderick's words). I think next year we'll have our own ice cream festival by the pool.


The other night Spicy Girl asked if we could go "have tea." Now S.G. doesn't really like tea, but she wanted to get a pretty dress on for a tea party. So I told her to call her grandmother who has been waiting for S.G. to show interest in a tea party. After church on Sunday, we went out for a special lunch...and tea. Or in S.G.'s case...sprite in a tea cup.


Oh, and a great big sundae for dessert.

Today one of my other niece's and her daughter came in to town, so Nana Spice treated us to a very special day. Nana took us to the ceramics place where S.G. painted a pink and green ladybug. She has been there now 3 different times, and she just loves it!


I have one more day before returning to work full time. I'm not sure how much I'll be blogging during the school year, but I'm going to do my best. I will certainly have pictures of our first day of school next week.

2 comments:

PandaMom said...

Oh my word, girl!! You certainly are cramming in everything all in one week! LOL! ; ) And about blogging? Well, I guess I'll be seein' ya around the end of May 2010. HA!!!!

Christy said...

Great pictures and what t afun time you have been having!!! Love the pics and what a fun festival you guys have!

Christy :)