It's back to school for both Spicy Girl and me. S.G. started First Grade today, and I went back to teaching after being home for 6 years. We both had a great day!!
I was never a big fan of Junie B. Jones....until S. G. got into her. S.G. is quite the reader, but it's hard to find books that entertain her at her level. Junie B. is quite a character, and S.G. knows not to call people "dumb" or "stupid" like Junie does. Anyway, for a "Back to School" gift, Daddy and I got S.G. the Junie B. Jones Survival Guide for School. She has loved reading it!!
I am going to savor each and every day of First Grade. The time just goes by too quickly!!

7 comments:
You both look adorable!!!!
Have a great year :-)
I congratulate both my talented and beautiful daughters. You have blessed me mightily.
So glad everything went well!!!! Y'all look great and ready for a good year. PG fell in love with Junie this summer with books on CD while in the car driving all over creation. (She easily gets carsick and these help her to stay balanced!) I agree, Junie is NOT someone to model behavior after, but I have to admit that I loved listening to all her antics, too! LOL! ; )
Snow Bunnies teacher has your daughters first name and SB said she is just as nice as her good friend -----!! I knew her teacher must be really nice!! She still talks about you two!! We miss you both, but it sounds like you are both doing well!!!! You look great!
I'm glad you had a great first day back. We LOVE Junie B. I'm personally more fond of Ramona, but still.....
Wow, little Spice girl is in first grade! She is just too cute in her outfit and I love the new blog header picture. Such a beatiful girl inside and out. :)
Great pics! You both look so cute. What grade are you working with? Has SG ever read any of the Cul-De-Sac Kids books by Berverly Lewis? DD loves them. The only draw back is that they only have about 65 pages each so she goes through them pretty fast. I buy them by the set of 6. There are 24 in all. She also loves Rachel Yoder-Always Trouble Somewhere books by Wanda Brunstetter. They have around 150 pages each and you can buy a set of 8. I purchased both of these sets from www.christianbook.com. I think SG would probably like them too. It might be worth a try. They keep DD's interest. Miss you!
Post a Comment