Monday, August 21, 2006

Just For Fun

I read these questions on another blog that I frequent. I have come to know that these questions and the like are called "memes" (pronounced meem). They are in essence a self-focused, all about me, look at me, this is who I am kinda communication. I don't look at them as anything negative, but rather a fun way to express who you are. It makes you look at the small details in life that comprise your personality. I love reading others' memes and I love writing my own. If you think this list is too long, then just take your little mouse and click over to someone else.....or even better, come up with your own meme.

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors opened or closed? If it's a regular door, closed. We have accordian doors, so it doesn't bother me to keep them open.
2. Do you ever take the soaps and shampoos from hotel rooms? Oh yes. But I don't know why. They just sit in my bathroom drawers because I like my stuff better.
3. Have you ever had sex in a hotel room? Shouldn't this question be more risque? I've been married for 13 years...
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign? What for?
5. Do you like post-it notes? Yes. I used them much more when I taught though.
6. Do you cut coupons out but never use them? Yep, tried that. Finally stopped. I did cut and use them faithfully in college because I think I only had $20 a month for groceries.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a bear or a swarm of bees? Neither thank you.
8. Do you always smile for pictures? Yes. I can't pull off the sexy closed mouth look.
9. What is your biggest pet peeve? People who offend easily. I can't stand walking on egg shells around people!
10. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out? IN! I watched way too many scary movies when I was a kid. I feel like something might creep out from under my bed at night and grab my feet or arms. As if my sheets could really protect me, but I feel safer.
11. Have you ever gone #1 in the woods? Of course. Not just the woods. Spent a weekend at a house with some friends who were hunting. There was no running water, so my girlfriend and I had a walmart bag and a roll of toilet paper sitting by the back door. We had to use the backyard the whole weekend. Fun!
12. Do you chew on your pens or pencils? Did when I was a teen. My teeth are too sensitive now.
13. What is your favorite animal and why? Dog. I have had some of the best. They love you unconditionally.
14. Do you like popcorn from those big tins? Just the flavored kind.
15. Could you marry the person you are with right now? Already am!!
16. Is it okay for a guy to wear pink? I guess so, but not my guy. He could never pull it off.
17. Do you ever watch cartoons? Only because I have a 3 year old.
18. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had it? Bury it? I would spend it on all the things I have wanted forever, but can't afford.
19. What do you drink with dinner? Iced tea when out, water when home.
20. What do you dip your chicken nugget in? BBQ sauce.
21. What is your favorite food cuisine? Chinese
22. What movies could you watch over and over again, and not get tired of them? The Sound of Music ( I have loved it since I saw it the first time as a child. I have worn out my vhs and now have the dvd. Yes, I can pretty much quote it word for word. And then there's Tommy Boy!! "Luke....I am your fa...ther."
23. Were you a boy scout or girl scout? Nope
24. When was the last time you wrote a letter to a person on paper? Few month ago. We write to the grandparents when we send pictures.
25. Favorite kind of sandwich? PBJ with milk
26. Best thing to eat for breakfast? Mamma's French Toast Breakfast at Cracker Barrell.
27. What is your usual bedtime? I'm a night owl. I try to turn the light out by 12:30am.
28. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as? Tinker Bell, Princess
29. Do you read the newspaper? Nope
30. How many languages can you speak? 1 really, little Spanish
31. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Parent's, Home Companion
32. Are you in love? With my hubby!
33. Which are better? Legos or Lincoln Logs? I agree with Panda-Mom, Boy toys!
34. Red or white wine? When I did drink it, white.
35. Are you stubborn? Ask my husband, yes. But usually pretty easy going.
36. Watch a soap-opera? Loved Days of our Lives in college. Can't even see why now?
37. Sing in the car? Oh yes!
38. Dance in the shower? No way!
39. Dance in the car? Definately!
40. Ever use a gun? No
41. Last time you got a picture taken from a photographer? When we came on staff at our church 2 years ago.
42. Are musicals cheesy? I love them! Especially the old ones. But, I will admit, I even watched High School Musical. And although it was so cheesy, I watched the whole thing.
43. Is Christmas stressful? It can be, but I still love it.
44. Favorite type of fruit pie? Cherry. But I pick the cherries out. Does that make any sense? I love the taste, but the cherries themselves are too tart.
45. What did you want to be as a kid? Which year? A teacher, a Disc Jockey, a governess (like Maria in Sound of Music)
46. Do you believe in ghosts? No, but I believe in demons.
47. Ever have a deja-vu feeling? Often
48. Take daily vitamins? No
49. Wear slippers? Yes.
50. Wear a bathrobe? Yes, but since it's usually so hot, I love the short, satiny ones.
51. What do you wear to bed? Usually, t-shirt.
52. First concert? Heart. My best friend's brother had extra tickets and took us. I didn't even really know who they were yet.
53. Walmart, Target or K-Mart? Target.
54. Nike or Adidas? I hate tennis shoes and never wear them.
55. Fritos or Cheetos? Cheetos
56. Corn nuts or Sunflower seeds? Sunflower seeds
57. Have you ever chosen a boy/girl over a friend? Not as far as losing a friend. I have chosen to spend time with a boyfriend over a friend on certain occasions.
58. Ever take dance lessons? Ballet, Jazz
59. Can you curl your tongue? Yes
60. Ever won a spelling bee? No
61. Have you ever cried because you were so happy? When I got the call that we had been matched to Spicy Girl. I even told the person on the other end to hold on for a minute because I needed to cry. I wasn't expecting the phone call that day.
63. Regularly burn incense? No
64. Who would you like to see in concert? I'm not a big concert person ( although Duran Duran was the best ever when I was in high school), but I would love to surprise my husband and find Larnelle Harris in concert. As I think about it a little more, I would love to see Bee Bee and Cee Cee Wynans in concert.
65. Ever been in love? Still am with my Daddy Spice.
66. Hot tea or iced tea? Iced Tea
67. Tea or coffee? Hot... Coffee definately.
68. Favorite kind of cookie? Can't say just one. I love warm, chewy chocolate chip, chocolate chocolate chip, peanut butter...
69. Can you swim well? somewhat
70. Can you hold your breath without manually holding your nose? Who made this question up? Of course.
71. Are you patient? Very. To a fault sometimes. Except in the car. I have hidden road rage. I try to be very careful since I now carry a toddler with me. She often tells me I need to be patient.
72. Ever won a contest? I can't remember. I did win Best Personality senior year in high school. Does that count?
73. Ever have plastic surgery? No
74. Which are better, black or green olives? Black olives!!
75. Can you knit or crochet? I did a little in college, but have forgotten how.
76. Best room for a fireplace? Family room
77. What is the best way to show affection? Action! Say it, mean it and show it.
78. Would you rather do without your cell phone or car? Cell phone.
79. Do you have any regrets? Sure, but I won't share them.
80. Did you do well in high school? Way too social. I could have done much better.
81. Do you still talk to people from high school? Email... my best friend from high school. I kept up with more earlier, but as the years have gone by, we have lost touch. Next summer is our 20 year high school reunion. It will be like old times with some of us.
82. Have you ever been betrayed by a friend? Not that I can recall. If I was, it obviously didn't effect me too much.

Oh my goodness. Did you actually read all of these? You must be exhausted! Just kidding. Now go answer these about yourself. It's fun to think about your answers.

1 comment:

PandaMom said...

Yea!!!!! I am so proud of you for taking the time to do this! I loved reading them all!