January 6, 2003, Yueyang City, Hunan Province; a beautiful baby girl was born. 8 days later, the mother who knew she could not keep her, wrapped her in a floral blanket , placed her in a box, and carefully placed her in front of an electric appliance company. This mother had many choices, but chose to give this baby girl a life. This mother blessed us with this sweet baby girl. I do hope that in her heart she knows that the child she gave birth to is loved, cherished, adored, cared for, warm, well fed and surrounded by family and friends who think she "hung the moon."
Today we celebrated Spicy Girl's 5th birthday. Can you figure out the theme? Yep, The Wizard of Oz. We watched it together before Christmas, and S.G. just loved it. When we were looking at different birthday themes, we came across this one, and she had to have it.
When we got home, we reorganized her craft area. She had to get busy immediately. There are two boxes on the floor next to her table with all of her stickers, stamps and sparkles, papers and coloring books.
Yesterday we went to a local tea room- antique shop. S.G. saw this kitchen and fell in love with it, as we did too. The colors match her room perfectly. Anyway, S.G. had some Christmas and birthday money so she put it towards this kitchen and Mamama Spice matched it.

19 comments:
Happy Birthday Spice Girl! She looks sooo precious in her B-day outfit with her hair like that! I am sooo impressed that Daddy Spice was able to finish the play park sooo quickly. We have had a 9/10 finished playpark for a while and now that winter has set in - it appears it will stay that way for a while.
Thanks for sharing!
Renee
Wow! Birthdays are no small deal at your house! I love the party theam and the cute kitchen.
What FUNNNNNNNNN! We were so heartbroken to have to miss the party, but we can't wait to play with everything on Tues! ; )
Hi, I'm Amy and I've been reading your blog for a while know! ;) I would love to wish Spicy girl a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Check out my blog anytime! ;)
Happy Birthday, SG!
What a bash...wooohoo!
Wow! She had a GREAT B-Day...We had a wonderful time at the party. Looks like SG will be busy for quite awhile just being crafty, cooking a little and getting a little exercise! DD and DB can't wait to come play!
Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!! :)
I had to laugh out loud when I read this post. We just recently had Mallory's 4th birthday party and it was a Groovy Girl party. We came so very close to having a Wizard of Oz party. I am serious! We are so much alike! I love SG's cake. So cute! She is a precious Dorothy. I love her birthday present. Mallory's kitchen is very similar to SG's. It's a wooden kitchen with the exact colors. Love her present from you guys as well. She will have a ball on that thing! Sending a very Happy Birthday wish to SG!!!!
I will post pics of the boys...no worries! And just a FYI, I'm a nanny...they aren't my kids! ;)
What a neat idea for a party. Love the cake, it was done really well. What a beautiful Dorothy your daugher makes. Cool play stucture Mom and Dad!
Oh how fun! I love the Wizard of Oz theme, it's one of my very favorite movies. Lucky girl. I'm sure she will love her play park, it looks like so much fun!
we so loved spending time with you and watching the fun at Spicey Girl's party. Thank you for my poka dot birthday cake,presents and all the fun. opps..Love Ma ma ma spice.
Happy Birthday SG!!!! Looks like she had a great birthday! She looks so cute and I love the theme.
Happy Birthday to you SG, with love from Grace and Beth!
PS Many, many thanks for the prayers for Brandi and Chris, things in Kenya were calming down per her email to me on Saturday--enough for me to be able to send off her care packages--which is a beautiful sign.
Happy Birthday Spicy Girl!
Keep smilin!
Happy Birthday! Such a gorgeous little girl ... and just oozing joy on your special day!
Oh, my goodness-what fun! What a beautiful Dorothy that SG makes! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!
That was a wonderful post.
Happy belated 5th(wow) birthday to your beautiful spice girl.
Loved all the incredible pics (especially the one of SG and her grandma with the cake).
Also love the fact that SG loves to craft - she looks adorable at her table. LOVE the new kitchen and the background playset too.
XO
Happy Birthday Spicy Girl! Looks like you had a great birthday. You are the most beautiful birthday girl ever and I love your Wizard of Oz theme. :) Your Mommy is awesome!
Post a Comment