Well, the house is for sale and we've been taking loads to storage in Austin. We're going home. We've been talking about it and making the plans for months now; but here we are. Less than two weeks away from D.S.'s graduation, and we're headed home. It's been a very hard decision for me because I've worked very hard these past 4 years to make this place home. I've made wonderful friends. This is really the only home Spicy Girl remembers, and she's made her best friends here. But home...it's where our family and oldest friends are. It's one of the most beautiful places in Texas; it's home. So, Spicy Girl and I joined Daddy on one of the "packing" trips to Austin this weekend. We had 24 hours to visit the grandparents and eat at one of our favorite restaurants, The Hula Hut right on Lake Austin.
When we were driving in, D.S. and I started talking about the things we want to do when we are moved back; the things we've missed most. We both agreed we needed to eat here, so we called Nana, picked her up, and she treated us to some yummy fajitas at The Hula Hut!!

After dinner, we went back out to the docks to look at the lights on the water. It was a beautiful evening! It felt good.
.JPG)
See those houses up on the hill? Well, Austin is known for the lakes. Houses like this are all in the hills over looking the lakes. I had friends in high school who lived in houses like this. We'd walk down to their boat docks and sun bathe, or water ski. I told D.S. that one day, I want a house over the lake. WELL, it could happen...LOL!!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
If I ever moved back to Texas, and I'm never going to because I don't like the heat, but if I did, Austin would be my first choice!
It's definitely the prettiest part of the state. Enjoy your return home!
IM SO GLAD YOU ARE GOING HOME. IT REALLY MUST FEEL GOOD!! FAMILY IS NUMBER ONE AND IF AUSTIN IS HOME WHERE THE FMAILY IS, THEN THAT IS WHERE YOU NEED TO BE. CONGRATS ON THE DECISION AND WE WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU DURING THE MOVE.
CHRISTY :)
And as soon as you get that house, you are inviting your good friends (ahem) to come visit. Personally, we like the Oasis, Serranos and Chuys. :D
What a great thing !
Wow!! big changes..but good changes from the sound of it...I'm so happy for you! I will pray your move goes smoothly.
I can't wait to see you tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good for you guys! I know it is hard to leave but having family and close friends by is priceless. Beautiful pictures of Austin. I've spent a little bit of time there and really liked it. I'm happy for you all.
There's no place like home...looks like your home is a beautiful place! and one of those homes on the lake could certainly be yours one day - dream BIG!!!!!
P.S. You look SOOOOOO good! Smokin' hot, girl!
Hey - for some reason this is the first time I've been able to access your blog since you wrote. sorry. We lived in your neck of the woods for 6 years and I homeschooled. When we moved to this small town a year and a half ago I subbed because I needed to get my daughters adjusted to all the new. God opened the doors and they added a fourth grade in February and offered me a job. His timing is always perfect, though it doesn't sometimes seem that way. You are moving an hour a way from my folks. YOu come to mind often and I'm praying for you. Excited about what God is doing in your life, though it may seem like He is working behind the curtain and you are waiting for them to be drawn back so you can see the next act. Take care!
snowwhite
This is really hard for us. We are going to miss y'all SO much. Our meeting was such a God thing and there is going to be such a void when you and Lauren no longer meet with us. Just like Panda Mom and PG...we hardly ever get to see them anymore. We talk of moving HOME a lot even though we have been away over 20 years. There's just something about "HOME."
best wishes my friend....another journey to embrace.....home is where the heart is.....everything will be fine!
have a wonderful MD weekend! ;)
I have family in Texas (DFW area) and lived in Arlington from 6th grade until my first year of college. I love that state period. And Austin by far is my fave city. Glad you'll be reconnecting with old friends and be closer to family! Change is never easy but so often it turns out for the best.
As you say goodbye to sweet memories you are going somewhere familiar to make new ones.
Good for you all! I will be keeping you my prayers as you journey to a new/old home.
Post a Comment