Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

To the two most important mothers in my life, I want to wish you the happiest of Mother's Days!This is whom we refer to as Mamama Spice. This is my step mommy. She has been a mother to me for the past 19'ish years. She has been there when my mother has not. Thank you Mamma Carrie for "raising" me through college. Thank you for helping me through my first years of teaching. Thank you for taking me shopping ALL the time. Thank you for ALL of the wonderful family vacations you take us on every summer. Thank you for loving me. Thank you most of all for the way you love my daughter. My love grew even more for you when you took my baby in your arms and called her "your own". You can never know how much that means to me. We cherish you!
This is whom we refer to as Nana Spice. This is D.S.'s mother, my mother-in-love, and Spicy Girl's Nana. She has been my sweet M-I-L for 14 1/2 years. I've known her longer than that, as D.S. and I dated 5 years prior to marriage. This is a woman with a gentle, Godly spirit whom loves us unconditionally. This is a mother who has shown me kindness, respect and generosity. I couldn't ask for a sweeter M-I-L. Thank you for your prayers, love and support, especially in this time of our lives. We love you so much.

And to my Spicy Girl. You have made my life complete. I don't need chocolates, flowers or jewelry for Mother's Day; I just need you. Every day for me is Mother's Day! I love you so very much precious daughter.



4 comments:

Nikki said...

That was so sweet. I love the pictures of SG with both of your special moms...

And I totally agree with you - everyday IS Mother's Day. It's a precious gift.

Have a wonderful day, my friend.

PandaMom said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too, my sweet friend!!

Anonymous said...

Happy mother's day to you. Have a wonderful day.

Steffie B. said...

Hope you had a wonderful day....lovely post! ;)