Today I have a job interview for a 4th grade teaching position. Once we realized our Auntie Anne's store was at least a year away, and Spicy Girl is starting Kindergarten, we decided I should go back to teaching for at least a year or two. I have 10 years in 2nd grade and 3 years in Pre-K. Today I am interviewing for 4th grade. It's in a great school district where I taught my last 3 years of 2nd grade before going to China to get my Spicy Girl. It's a great school. But 4th grade??? I am excited and nervous at the same time. I like the challenge of trying a new grade, but I know NOTHING about 4th grade except for the Writing TAKS (state testing) and Texas History. It could be really fun. But, I will be like a first year teacher having to learn a whole new grade. Well, I will go in today and do my best.Thursday, August 07, 2008
An Apple A Day
Today I have a job interview for a 4th grade teaching position. Once we realized our Auntie Anne's store was at least a year away, and Spicy Girl is starting Kindergarten, we decided I should go back to teaching for at least a year or two. I have 10 years in 2nd grade and 3 years in Pre-K. Today I am interviewing for 4th grade. It's in a great school district where I taught my last 3 years of 2nd grade before going to China to get my Spicy Girl. It's a great school. But 4th grade??? I am excited and nervous at the same time. I like the challenge of trying a new grade, but I know NOTHING about 4th grade except for the Writing TAKS (state testing) and Texas History. It could be really fun. But, I will be like a first year teacher having to learn a whole new grade. Well, I will go in today and do my best.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Good Luck!
Good luck with your interview!
Prayers for you, dear friend...and special jewels in your crown if you get it. 4th grade...YIKES! Give me 7th anyday :D LOL
Love ya!
I will be praying for you!
I will be praying for you!
Gosh, I can hardly keep up with you guys...sooo many changes.
I know you will shine in your intervies - keep us posted.
Love ya!
P.S. 4th grade was my least favorite. My teacher was horrible...so go out their and give your kiddos a GOOD 4th grade experience!
Good luck with the Texas history. You may wish to notice my blog for http://youngtexasreader.blogspot.com Will Howard
Post a Comment