Today was Spicy Girl's first day of school. She was so excited this morning. Mamama Spice took her shopping for some back to school clothes, and S.G. chose her brown dress this morning. She has her new pink lunchbox and her Kung Fu Panda backpack. After a bowl of Honey Nut Cherrios and some juice, we were ready to go.
And there's where we left her. No tears, even from Mommy. Well, my eyes did well up a bit, but no tears fell down my cheeks. I have wondered all day what she's doing and if she's having fun doing it. How many stories has she told her teacher about our summer at the bunkhouse? Has she told EVERYONE she can already read? Is she lifting her dress up to show everyone that she does have shorts underneath? Did she like her lunch today? Did she read the note Mommy wrote on her napkin?
Oh, I can't wait to pick her up and hear all about her first day of Kindergarten. Mommy and Daddy even have a basket with little surprises in it for when we pick her up. We are so proud of our little girl!!

18 comments:
OH how precious she looks! I love her dress, backpack and lunch box. She is just darling! I hope she has a wonderful day at school and a great year! I am sure she will have alot to tell you when she gets home today. Hope you have a great week!
awww. I am sure she is having a wonderful day :) I know it was so wonderful to not have a difficult drop off.
what a precious memory. I agree with Adele, I love that dress. What a beautiful girll
She looks great and very happy in those pictures!
She looks so darling and so grown-up! ; )
So proud of Spicy girl and her parents! No Tears!!! We miss you, have a great year at school!
For some reason, my comments are posting under "F"'s blog site name. This is Team Mom!
AWWWW....well I teared up reading about it...is that OK? how exciting
I remember that day like it was yesterday, and yet in two years I will have a high school student on my hands.
She looked just as cute as can be. I hope she had a wonderful first day of school!!
what a precious post ... the first day of K is amazing and filled w/ so many emotions ...
i do have your email correct ... i think my email group is having trouble w/ such a large group and just spits some of them out at times .... editing has begun ... can't wait to dive in to this project ..
She is just beautiful!! I laughed about your comment of showing her shorts under her dress...my Ellie does that too. That is very impressive that she can ALREADY read!!! She is one smart girl!!! I'm sure she is just going to excell in school.
As cute as ever!!!! I hope she stays so busy telling everyone how smart she is and showing them her shorts that she doesn't have time to miss you. lol This is one of the first times that she hasn't been "just down the hall" from Mommy. She's a strong little girl and will be just fine. I hope she has a wonderful year. Her school is fortunate to have her. We really miss you guys!
She's as beautiful as ever! I love her backpack and lunch box. I am sure she had a wonderful first day. I am glad you had a tear free drop off. Congratulations SG enjoy school! love you and miss u. Mrs. T
How exciting for you all and for a new chapter in SG life. I can't wait to hear all about her first day. She is such a little beauty
I left you something on my blog :-)
My mom used to write notes to me on my napkins too! It is one of my most precious memories from elementary school...
Hi there! Congrats!! :)
Just FYI, when you enlarge the picture of your daughter coloring, you can see her full name on her name tag thingy on the table...didn't know if you wanted to show that for privacy reasons. :)
~Diane~
Ok so I am such a dork!! Here I am reading your blog and looking at her pictures and I started crying. She is soooo big!!! When did that happen??? I miss ya'll both so very much and I am so happy for her starting school, she will of course be the smartest kid in the class.
That is a wonderful pic of SG and her big ole dad going to K the first day. Not too many boys will ever want to give her any troule when they see "Daddy". What a doll.
Post a Comment