Saturday, August 09, 2008

Up, Up and Away....sort of

Woke up this morning, made some pancakes for the family, drank a cup of coffee, wondered what we would do today. Then we got a call from a friend who is a pilot and in town with no flights for the day. So, we hopped in our car, drove to the airport and hung out with "D" this afternoon. Spicy Girl was the first one on the plane. She recently rode on her first plane...at least that she can remember...so getting on this smaller jet was cool!!

Oh yeah, if we gave her the "go ahead" she would have flown that plane.


"D" was showing us all of the cool stuff on the plane. Spicy Girl was ALL OVER the place.



Hey, who's that important man getting off that plane? LOL!!
S.G. even got her own paper airplane. She had a blast throwing it around the waiting area while we visited with "D".






Thank you so much for the field trip today. We had a great time, and it was a joy getting to visit with you "D"!!




14 comments:

Ashton said...

The pix are SOO cute! We took Anna Grace on her 1st plane ride to Disney a few months ago and she wasn't to much all for it! lol

~LL~ said...

D had a good time.....so glad y'all got to go. The boys love it when we go see Daddy on his plane. And DS#3 is just like SG....if we said "GO" he'd tell us to buckle up.

mommy24treasures said...

loved reading about the Annie's and the teaching position! God is doing wonderful things!!!:)
so glad the day was a fun one:)

Christy said...

that is so darn cool for kids to see. what an awesome experience and sg looks as cute as can be-- as usual!!!

Christy :)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend your day!
LL and I were talking about this last night and how much fun SG had in the cockpit!

Snow White said...

I'm praying about your 4th grade position. I teach 4th. I am responsible for 3 sets of science and social studies. I teach reading to my homeroom. This is such a neat age and you have lots of opportunities to be a light.
snowwhite

Linette said...

What a fun day! Praying for you about the teaching position too. I bet you're an awesome teacher..no matter what grade you teach. :)

Lisa said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a GREAT time!

Lauren said...

That sounds like fun!

Ashley said...

HOW FUN!!!!

Mardi said...

oh my gosh! How fun!! I love the picture of Papa Spice! haha!

Nikki said...

What an incredibly cool way to spend a Saturday! SG looked like she was having a total blast! Who knows, maybe someday she'll be a pilot?

(thinking of you A LOT this week.)

Mom 2 six said...

How cool !

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Looks fun, I am sure SG loved it!