Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kindergarten, Here She Comes!!

I remember like it was yesterday that this tiny 15 pound 10 month old was placed in my arms. She had two little bottom teeth, hardly any hair and a rattle in her chest that concerned me a little. She wore a yellow Carter's pajama that smelled like spit up. She had big, round brown eyes that looked straight into mine as if to say, "Don't I know you???" We brought that tiny package home, fed her nonstop, played with her, loved and loved on her and this is what she grew in to; a smart, beautiful, happy, healthy, vibrant, strong little girl who is so excited to start school. This week we registered her, as we are sure we are staying where we are for at least a year. To celebrate registration, we went straight to Target to start buying school supplies.



What a year this has been. We are in the process of visiting possible Auntie Anne's sites. We have looked in San Antonio, but not sure if that's the site for us. We are looking at a few places in our area right now, which would be really nice. I didn't realize how long this part of the process would be, but that's ok. We're home with friends and family right now.
I did not get the 4th grade position, which I'm really ok with. I have never stepped foot in a 4th grade classroom. All of my experience is 2nd grade and lower, so I'm sure they found someone this late in the game with a little more experience in the upper grade levels. Meanwhile, I'm going to sub and maybe get my foot in the door for a long term sub position, or even a full time teaching position by mid year. God only knows.


12 comments:

Adele said...

Oh how cute Spicy Girl is shopping for her school supplies. It was great to hear from you on my new blog today. I forgot about yall's playgroup being called Chopstick Chicks. Someone in our group named us moms that name....just an older playgroup. LOL. I hope you are doing great. I can hardly wait to see where God takes your family. I know He has great things in store for you all.

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures! Our girls are growing up :-(

Unknown said...

precious photos. you give me hope. what a fun time

Mardi said...

Kindergarten! Our little miss spice!? Time goes way too fast! ;)

As far as the job, like you know, God has is all under control. I was a sub during nursing school, it was kind of fun! This may allow you to see where it is you would and would not like to work.

As far as our adoption, I think we should be matched next spring. Of course, this is always up in the air, but they are getting closer to our LID! They are at 1/31/06 and we are 3/7/06. Thanks for asking. ;)

Enjoy all of those Kindergarten crafts that will soon be coming home! ;)

Kris said...

thanks for the update!

Reading your description of your little Spicy Girl's start brought tears to my eyes...there are some similarities to my little Miss Megan! Kindergarten is only a few years away for us....oh my.

Jill W said...

How exciting to be starting school! SG looks like she had fun shopping for all of her supplies.

Nikki said...

Yes, God DOES know...and we are all waiting expectantly to see what He has in store for you and your family! It HAS been quite a year for you all...and now SG is starting kindergarten!? WOW! I'm freaking out about preschool, so I can only imagine what YOU are going thru right now! It is amazing how far our girls have come, isn't it!? Brings me to tears. (happy tears)
XO

~LL~ said...

How exciting!!! A little sad, too, huh? I know I was when we started school on Monday. I still have 2 at home...so for now they seem to be frozen as "little" boys....but my other 2? YIKES!

One day at a time, my friend!

God bless you....give SG a hug from all of us and tell DS we said, "hey!"

Sure do miss ya!

Anonymous said...

SO excited for Spicy girl!! And you too :) I am so glad to be someone who gets the opportunity to share your story. We love you all and know that you are in our prayers no mater where you are :)

redmaryjanes said...

Boy has she really grown in the past year. She is a beautiful girl. She's going to have a great time in kindgarten!

Lisa said...

Isn't it crazy how fast they grow? SG looks so cute picking out her school supplies!

My Ellie missed the cut off for starting kindergarten by 2 weeks. So one more year of pre-k and then she is off!

Steffie B. said...

Aww......look at her gathering all her supplies....can't wait to hear about your new business and where ya'll are gonna be! ;)