We're back!! It was an amazing week. We worked our fingers to the bone!! This all happened so fast. We basically found out last Saturday that the owner of a brand new Auntie Anne's (which has not opened yet) wanted to sell it to us. They are good friends who already own one A.A. in the area. They were opening their second store, when all of a sudden the funding wasn't working out for them. They did not want to give it up. Knowing we were ready for a store, but just couldn't find the right location, they offered it to us. We couldn't believe it. We were starting to look out of state because we just couldn't find a location in Texas. Now we have one in our hometown, so we won't have to move. Praise God!!
We spent the first three days in the A.A. headquarters in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. They have an actual training store down in the basement. We trained on Monday and Tuesday, then on Wednesday, we opened the store for the headquarters employees. It was so much fun!!
We had a day where we made all the different pretzels and then got to taste them all with dips. Uh-huh! Fun!! D.S. is tasting the Pretzel Dog with Sweet Mustard Dip. That is his "Yum" face.
Graduation Day. On Thursday and Friday we actually worked a real store in a Walmart. We spent about 30 minutes at each station for at least 4 rotations. We had an awesome team and had so much fun. I'll tell you what though....we were exhausted at the end of each day.
There was a couple from Mexico City in training. They are taking A.A. into Mexico and will be opening franchises all over the place. We just loved getting to know them. They are a very sweet and wonderful couple. We also worked with a man opening a store in an airport and a lady who is a manager for 2 stores in Penn. She has been with A.A. for 3 years, but was coming in for some extra training. Our trainers were fantastic. I loved our training experience. We couldn't have asked for a better one.

17 comments:
Woohoo!! Looks awesome!
Very exciting! Do I hear winter road trip? Actually, we will be taking one in March and will be driving right through your area...I think we'll have to take a pretzel break! Thought you guys all week!!!
what an exciting adventure
Congrats! An exciting and delicious endeavour!
Keep smilin!
That is soooo cool!! I am so happy for you guys and what an awesome opportunity you were given-- what a blessing!! It sounds like this is an awesome location and right in your hometown-- that is so cool!!
Looks like you guys had a great training. Cant wait to see pictures of the business!!
Christy :)
Wow! We are SO happy for you. How exciting! I can't wait to hear more. Isn't God amazing??? I think it's great that your dad is training too! Miss you all! Keep us informed.
WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER FOR YOU GUYS!!! I am always amazed at God's best.... This will be a great adventure for you guys and closure too. Such Great News!!!
Congras! Those are my favorites.
You two are too CUTE! I love the first pic of the two of you ;)
Looks like such fun! If only Pennsylvania was a little closer to Arizona, I'd be one of your first customer's ;) Enjoy!
I love Auntie Annie's pretzels! It's amazing how God works and now you have your own store. Good Luck Guys!
How wonderful! The cinnamon sugar sticks are a family favorite of our! What a wonderful way to celebrate Thanksgiving! So much to be thankful for. His wonders never cease to amaze!
Wow-that is amazing! God is so good! We were at Auntie Anne's the other day and I thought of you. :)
I just love to see God work in people's lives!
I am just so so happy for you guys!
You guys look great. Cannot wait until we are able to come and eat your pretzels. Love you! Talk to you soon.
Praise God, indeed! Congratulations! Sure wish I could just drop in for a treat...
lovely! I miss PA. We used to live in Collegeville (11+ years ago) and travel to Lancaster area all of the time..
Love Auntie Aunt
Not only did God answer your prayers but mine also. Remember the story about the sparrows?
Gotcha Day reminds me of the first day I held spicey girl . As she snuggled under my chin, I told her "that's right darling, don't worry, you are home now".
Love, Spicey Mom ma ma
Post a Comment