Friday, October 10, 2008

No School Today!! Off to the Park!!


Spicy Girl has a 4 day weekend, with Friday and Monday off. Today is Friday, and we had a perfectly wonderful day!! We went to pick up Nana Spice and the three of us went to one of our favorite parks. This park has been here for so long, I think we all, including Nana, played here as kids.

We couldn't believe it. This park is about 30 minutes from where we live, and guess who we found there??? S.G.'s best little buddy from her class. The girls found each other immediately and played their hearts out.


A day at this park is not complete without the train ride!!

Oh yeah, we fed the pigeons too. The snack bar sells birdseed, and these are the most well fed pigeons. They bombarded us. I have to say though, they are the cutest birds.


Nana and S.G. got snow cones. S.G. had to try Nana's pineapple snow cone.

I love this picture of Nana. She was watching S.G. play in the water.



We love the fresh springs. People swim here year round. As you can see, it's October and we could have gone swimming today. It was a beautiful, warm day, and we loved every minute of it. I didn't realize how much I miss having my Spicy Girl at home during the day. Hmmmm, what shall we do with our Monday holiday???

9 comments:

Christy said...

What a fun day!!! I love that you guys do so many fun things. I love the picture of your nana. She looks so lovely standing there all casual. I also love the picture of SG sitting on the rock in the water. That is a beautiful picture!!! So glad you guys had a fun day!! Have fun on the monday off as well-- whats up with that?? My kids dont get anytime off this week-- uggg!!

Have fun and great pics!!

Christy :)

Lisa said...

What a great way to spend your day! It looks like it is still summer there! It's cold here in Colorado! : )

Rebecca said...

How fun! And how neat that she ran into her friend. I bet I will hear ALL about that on Tuesday!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day spent with the ones you love. I loved the picture of Nana too. What a sweet suprise for SG to see her best buddy at the park. Beautiful pictures.

mommy24treasures said...

oh we love the park around here too:)

Ski Patrol said...

Nice to hear from you--glad to see all is well. We sure do miss you guys! Snow Bunny still talks about Spicy Girl! Miss Jennifer and Miss Jennifer are her teachers! She likes them both a lot. Loves MDO!!!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

we have fall break the next two days, so we are off to the park also ... love your pictures ...

Mardi said...

Looks like a spectacular day! Gosh, you live in such a beautiful area! I thought of you yesterday, I was driving behind a car that had a license plate that read: "MSPICE". :)

R and R Stacy said...

What a great way to spend the day. Those pictures of her by the water - gorgeous!
Where are ya'll living now?