OK, I know all you blogger friends who live north of us are really sick of snow. But, when it's your first time to see snow in over 3 years, you get a LITTLE excited. I've been whining on some of your blogs about the snow. I have just been itching to see it. Spicy Girl has only seen snow one time, and she was 2, so she doesn't remember. Anyhow, when we woke up this morning and looked out the window, we were both 5 years olds jumping up and down.
It rained ALL day yesterday, so the ground was pretty slushy....but that didn't stop us.
.JPG)
The weather has been crazy this week. One day it's 60's or 70's, then the next day it's only in the 30's and snowing. It's supposed to be 70 on Sunday. Look at our poor pear trees. They were starting to bloom.
.JPG)
This is how ill-prepared we are for any kind of snowy weather....S.G. is wearing socks on her hands. The only pair of gloves I have for her are too big and we couldn't get them on her fingers. Hey, socks work when you're desperate to play in the snow.
The weather has been crazy this week. One day it's 60's or 70's, then the next day it's only in the 30's and snowing. It's supposed to be 70 on Sunday. Look at our poor pear trees. They were starting to bloom.
This is how ill-prepared we are for any kind of snowy weather....S.G. is wearing socks on her hands. The only pair of gloves I have for her are too big and we couldn't get them on her fingers. Hey, socks work when you're desperate to play in the snow.

19 comments:
Enjoy it! I have a bunch I can send you next time you are missing it. Love the impromptu mittens...ya go what you gotta do!
Keep smilin!
SM...I totally know how you feel...seein' as how we live right down the street. :D
I looked at the news to see delays and saw that our town and the town to the south is on 2 hour delay...we weren't. My boys go up and got all excited...#3 claiming, "I love snow!" (He has never seen it!. Anyway, they couldn't wait for the end of school so they could play. *sniff*
SO...we had a play day!! No school. We donned our "sock-mittens" and went out first thing this morning! We only got about 30 minutes before the snow was icky/slushy...but that was 30 minutes of cold fun!!
what great pictures my friend!!! The car picture is a great idea!
wow! Haven't seen snow in years. Lucky you all.
Ah yes, I remember the first snowfall of the year - it IS an exciting moment...but can I please have some Spring now!!!????
OK, enough whining, glad you enjoyed yourselves. It is fun to watch the kiddos in it, for sure.
Oh, I joined Facebook (thanks to you)...now, if only I knew your name.
Yay...it is snowing here right now....isn't it fun!!
How fun!! It is great to have that type of weather and then it be back to the nice 70's. What a treat. We get that here in So Calif sometimes. We got a little snow this year (like 20 minutes) but nothing stuck. Last year we actually had enough snow one day (which was the first time it had snowed in years) to have a snow ball fight. My hubby was in the middle of our street in shorts and a t- shirt chucking snowballs at the boys-- it was quite a sight.
What a fun day!!!
Christy :)
Oh, I'm so happy that you got some snow! SG looks like she was really enjoying it! ; ) Fun!!!
Oh I am so jealous. We never get snow here in Mississippi. :(
I love all of your snow pics. They are great! Hope you all are doing well.
...and snow, and snow, and snow. It seems to be causing a lot of us bloggers to hunker down or skip outside to make snow angels.
Weren't we just whining last Monday about never having snow? Let's whine this week about uh...not winning the lottery and then let's go buy a ticket. LoL Think it will work???
We had fun in the snow, too. I wish I had thought about using socks for gloves, though. It didn't take the girls long to get really cold. See ya Monday.
I wish it would snow here! What adorable pictures. I love the one with spice girl satnding near the car.
I wish it would snow here! What adorable pictures. I love the one with spice girl satnding near the car.
we had a little yesterday! We had the same thing of 70 one day and then it was 30 and snow then today back to almost 60!
iF IT HAS TO SNOW I LOVE THAT IT WARMED BACK UP SO FAST;)oh, sorry about the capitals but I am going to be too lazy to go change it;)
Have a fun week!
Love all the recent pics!
Love the snow pictures! I haven't seen snow in about 6 years :(
I miss it so much!
Pardon me while I laugh out loud up here in Chicagoland...
I noticed SG's attire right away - sneakers and sock mittens! Want some of my bajillion mittens and gloves? No, wait, we'll probably still need them for the next month or so...
Your play group friends are so cute!
It warms my heart that my Texas home was able to get in on some of the snow action! :)
Post a Comment