Saturday, January 30, 2010

Back to School....in January


I know, right, school started in August...and so did I. But my job has changed several times since then. What a year this has been! Better yet, what a 2 years this has been! I have never experienced so much life change in 2 years time. Talk about letting go of your life plan, and letting God. I have noticed in the past 20 something years, that God usually has a different plan than I do. Sometimes it's hard for me to let go of my "dream" and let him scooch me into his "dream".
Let me back up a bit. For those of you who have followed my blog for some time now know how our lives have changed. We went from living in North Texas, full time ministry and stay at home mom to....totally shocking job loss, moving back home to Central Texas, starting our own business and me looking for a job. We have experienced every emotion there is known to man; surprise, shock, sadness, anger, frustration, hopelessness, anxiety, hope, excitement, elation, let-down, fear, and total lack of faith.
What I have learned these past couple of years is to take life day by day. Yes, I plan for the future, but I don't put a lot of "hope" into my plan. I know that I am a child of God and that he has every good intention for me. That life will not always be easy....or I would have no need for trust in God. I know that He has a plan for my life (Psalm 139) and that He plans for me to prosper (Jeremiah 29:11). And that I need to trust in the Lord (Prov. 3:5). I know not to be anxious about anything, but with thanksgiving to present my requests to Him (Philippians 4:6).
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:12)
This week, after going back to school as an instructional aid and then a long term substitute, I was offered the job as second grade teacher (10 year veteran). I am exhausted, behind, loaded down with heavy school bags to work at home, behind on the latest teaching strategies....but ever so thankful to have a job.
I do know who I am....I am a child of God. I am His!
And there's more....but I can't share it yet. Hopefully it will be next Saturday's post!!
Thank you to many of my blogger friends who have walked through this journey with us. You have been a source of encouragement, strength and joy! Thank you!!

I leave you with the song I have held on to for the past 2 years. A song by Third Day...There's a light at the end of this tunnel, there's a light at the end of this tunnel...for you. I think I see the light....

3 comments:

Beckett Gray said...

I also have a Hunan spice girl (age 9)! Lovely pictures.

Come visit my blog. I have a book that I just published on Chinese adoptive parenting.

Beckett Gray
Author - "The Dragon Tribe"
http://tinyurl.com/ykmd39t
Blog - The Dragon Sisterhood
http://www.dragonsisterhood.blogspot.com

~LL~ said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy for you.

Rebecca said...

I am so glad that you have your own classroom again. Just seeing you interact with the kids last year made me wish you were a teacher again.