Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Peanuts



Timeless. One of my "warm fuzzy" memories is sitting on the sofa waiting in anticipation for the Charlie Brown holiday special to come on. My favorites are The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and A Charlie Brown Christmas. Nowadays, there are so many holiday specials that come on t.v. for kids, but when I was a kid, this is what we had to look forward to. When I was about 10, my grandmother got me a stuffed Snoopy. I still have him to this day. He was not to be packed away in a box for the attic, or given to charity. He received special honors at the head of my bed all through high school, college, and yes, even those first few years of marriage. He now resides close by on a shelf in my closet (not in a box!). My daughter loves to pull Snoopy out and play with him.

After going to Wendys for lunch yesterday, she got her very own "mini" Snoopy. The girls were knocking each other over just to point to the Peanuts character they wanted.

I still get excited when I see on the t.v. guide that Charlie Brown is coming on, and I announce it to the family like a little girl whose going to see it for the first time. By the way, The Great Pumpkin.. should be coming on soon!!!

1 comment:

PandaMom said...

Good GRIEF!! Ha!