Saturday, November 04, 2006

Gotcha Day!!

Three years ago, we had the most wonderful experience of our life... the adoption of our beautiful daughter from Hunan, China. This was our first moment together. It was an absouletly perfect day. Our Spicy Girl had a bottle and slept for the first 2 hours, then she woke up, looked into our strange "goo-goo" faces and smiled. By the evening, she was laughing and cooing with us. Can you see the sheer joy on my face?
Here we are 3 years later. It's Gotcha Day, and all about her. We asked her what she wanted to do for the day, and this was her response...

A Happy Meal from McDonalds!!


A Little Mermaid shirt from The Disney Store (which she refers to as Disney World).


A new charm for her charm bracelet. Daddy got her a goose because he calls her his little goose.


Chinese food for dinner. Nothing like noodles and vegetables!


And finally, strawberry ice cream with marshmallows on top.

We had a wonderful day. We tried explaining what Gotcha Day was, and we think she gets it a little bit. What she understood most was that she is our special girl, and we are so excited to be a forever family. Thank you God for our little girl.

13 comments:

PandaMom said...

Happy Gotcha Day SG!!! We love you sooooo much and no words could express our joy over our friendship! My favorite is the Mickey D's pic. She looks so adorable! BTW: cute outfit! LOVE YOU! XXOO

~LL~ said...

What a totally fabulous thing to share! I have tears in my eyes. You have been blessed with a beautiful daughter! I'm very happy for you and Daddy Spice.

Love ya!

Mama Darling said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Looks like you had a great time. I love the hat! She looks absolutely precious. Aren't forever families wonderful?

Stephanie said...

That's just so cool! Your daughter is beautiful! Happy Gotcha Day to your whole family!

PandaMom said...

The Wise family is one that I have linked to who are waiting. I also linked her online business which is adorable stuff for adoptive families. She has put this thing together BEFORE they have their daughter. I told her that I can't wait to see what she comes up with once they get their baby!! CUTE stuff. What ARE we doing Mon?

Mardi said...

What a sweetie! Happy Gotcha Day! :)

My siblings are all adopted domestically and we always celebrated "adoption day". It's a great reminder of the day we became Forever Family!

Congratulations!

Phat Girl said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Congratulations! What sweet memories!

GloryandGrace said...

How precious and memorable. My best friend (see link on mine or PandaMom's blog for You Little O Wife) and I were at the airport when the Pandas came home with PandaGirl. I will never forget the overwhelming laughs and cries and hugs standing at that baggage claim with them and their other friends and family who came as well.

I hope I get to actually meet you someday! But then again, I haven't seen the PandaGeek herself in over a year :)

Unknown said...

I loved this..Thanks for sharing..I am learning so much from you

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable.....You are so blessed, as is SHE! I loved these pics!

Tamara said...

Thanks for sharing your gotcha day photo- gave me chills, and even more eager (if that's possible) for my own gotcha day Nov. 26! It will be so incredible to finally hold my very own Hunan spicey girl!

Mary said...

What a great Gotcha Day picture!! Sorry I missed the post to celebrate the day, but truly wish your family a lifetime of love and happiness.