Saturday, February 23, 2008

Spicy Girl Reads a Book

Last night we bought Spicy Girl a couple of Beginner Reading books. We sat down to read them when we got home and were completely blown away. She read them with ease. We're already going to have to move up a level. She is so proud of herself....but not as proud as Mommy and Daddy.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Jazzie is also reading beginner books and I am just amazed at how well she is doing. Like you, I am a proud momma :-)

~LL~ said...

It does make you so proud when they first read on their own. H-man was just like that, to. And G is right there......

GOOD GIRL! I'll be sure to have some books pulled that she can read on Friday!

Shari U said...

WAY TO GO, SPICY GIRL!!! I showed the video to Abby who was quite impressed!

It's fun to show her SG's pictures on the blog and to tell her about how we were in China together. Seems like a long time ago, doesn't it?

Any news on the job front? Keeping you in our prayers.

PandaMom said...

Wow! THat is soooo awesome!

Kim said...

That is GREAT....
Reading is a Great hobby...
Have a Great Weekend..

LaLa said...

WOW!!! She is doing great! Love her sweet voice : )

Nikki said...

She is such a doll! And obviously very proud of herself (as she should be). Good job, sweet girl.
It's so fun to watch them grow and learn new things!

Hope everything else is going well for your family...I'm still praying.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
4D said...

Definite reason to be proud! That is great! Keep at it Spicy Girl!

Keep smilin!

Lauren said...

Awww...She is too cute :)

redmaryjanes said...

Great job Spicy Girl!

Kelly And Allison said...

She is so smart. Hopefully we can meet her someday..

Anonymous said...

Harvard? Yale? Texas State? Sky's the limit. You have made Mamama and Boppa very proud of you. What a star.

Mama Darling said...

Way to go SG! DD loves Biscuit books too! Maybe you and DD can have storytime and read to SB and DB at one of our play dates. You are so smart. We are very proud of you!!!

Adele said...

Oh how wonderful! I know you are so proud of her. I love her sweet voice. She is so beautiful! I would cherish that video forever! Awesome!

Lisa said...

Wow, she is a GREAT reader. That is wonderful that you are working on this with her right now, her level of confidence will continue to go higher and higher every book she reads! She has the sweetest little voice. You must be SOOOOOO proud of her.

mommy24treasures said...

We LOOOVE Biscuit books! There is one you can get and it has alot of Biscuit stories in one Its a great deal for the $$$.
Good for Spicy Girl!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley said...

AWESOME!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Well, I've listened to that a few dozen times. Sweet, sweet voice. And so polite. Love you SG.

Steffie B. said...

Woo-hoo....way to go SG! Keep up the good work! ;)

Much Ado said...

Wow, what a great little reader! And with so much expression!