
It has been 2 years today that our dossier was received in China. 2 Years ago today, we had no idea it would be this long of a wait. We also had no idea what would transpire in our lives. Isn't it funny how your plans are not always His plans? 2 years ago, I pictured our lives just a year or so away from bringing Mei Mei home, living in our little North Texas house, working in full time children's ministry.....
Well, I have always seen God's plan as bigger and better than my own. God knows who our little Mei Mei is, and she is well worth the wait. It may be another year or so...and who knows where we'll be then.
Happy Dossi"versary" to my other April LID friends.

6 comments:
I remember this day. I've been praying for mei mei since then. Do you remember the name that you and I picked out and then we tried to force it on Tim? I'd just randomly bring it up in conversation just to drive him crazy:)! I agree, she's absolutely worth the wait!!!
Is it appropriate to say "congratulations" when I don't want you to wait one day longer? Well, you have 2 years down...you are 2 years closer to being her home. And that's something worth celebrating. I think back now to our 25 month wait for Megan and think...how every time I thought she'd be here she wasn't even born yet! It is so amazing how God orchestrates the entire thing!
Praying the day comes soon and very soon!!!
don't you love how you can plan and then God just wrecks it in the most beautiful way !!!! blessings sister and i do love to watch how your adventure unfolds ...
love ya
It's hard for me to imagine having to wait this long. I thought the 10-11 months we had to wait in 2003 was insufferable and it turns out that it was actually a pretty easy wait! Each day that ticks by is one day closer to MeiMei. You'll get there and like Spicy Girl, she'll be worth the wait.
Doesn't God's timing just blow you away sometimes? I mean, Mei Mei may not even be born yet....or in the womb. The perfect 2nd daughter is out there....just still on her way. Prayers for continued patience through this difficult wait :)
Just now seeing this post! (life is so busy...) But I agree with you completely...I was single and living in Denver when I started this journey 2 years (almost 25 months!) ago...I've moved FOUR times since then, once out of state...and Steve and I have been together almost three years now! I have to believe it's all meant to happen in it's own time for whatever reason... :)
Hangin in with ya! LID 4-10-07
Post a Comment