Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter....Part 1


I love, love, love springtime. Everything is finally turning green again, and beautiful wildflowers are popping up everywhere. As we are approaching Easter Sunday, I have been reading Spicy Girl's Bible with her about the death and resurrection of Jesus. We started on Passover, reading about the last supper, Judas' betrayal and Jesus' death on the cross. I can't wait to read tomorrow's story about the empty tomb. You see, we love the Easter Egg hunts, Easter baskets full of yummy, chocolaty treats, and visiting the Easter Bunny. But I have made sure that S.G. knows EXACTLY why we celebrate Easter.
Now, again, we LOVE the egg hunts with friends. And this is what we did today. We met up with our very first playgroup today. There were a total of 9 kiddos there. Several of the girls were Spicy Girl's playmates when they were babies.




We loved hunting eggs...and then eating the goodies inside.


Then we made these absolutely adorable "chick" cookies.


Today, not only did S.G. get to "meet" old friends, but I got to see the mommies that I started out with. I have said it before, leaving our playgroup from North Texas was the hardest thing for me...and S.G. But it's so nice to get back with old friends and know that I have a group of ladies here that share the bond and heart of adoption.
Thank you Mrs. "A" for hosting such a fun Easter Party!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

What a fun party!! I love the little cookies and what a fun group of kids. Have a wonderful time tomorrow as we celebrate the ressurection of our Lord

Christy :)

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Happy Easter!! Your Daughter is
so beautiful, and it looked like
she had a total blast with all of
her friends!!!

Hugs,

Sindy

Unknown said...

Such wonderful pictures..Glad she had fun