Monday, April 06, 2009

Lauren's Journey Home


When I first started blogging, about 2 1/2 or 3 years ago, I met one of my first cyber friends, Mardi. She was in the beginning of her wait time for her daughter, Lauren. On Friday, she FINALLY got her referral...3 years later. I am just so happy for this sweet lady. She has had such faith and patience. I've followed her as she shopped for clothes, decorated the baby's room and prepared for this wonderful little addition to her life. Once we turned our paperwork in to China to adopt our Spicy Girl, we only waited 11 months. Mardi and her husband have waited 3 years, a wait I told her many times would be well worth it.
Congratulations Mardi!! I am so very happy for your family. And just like the social worker said, she will be full of smiles when you bring her home. Just wait and see how quickly she will grow and blossom.

5 comments:

Shari U said...

What a precious little girl. I can't imagine waiting 3 years. I've noticed you're getting very close to that 2 year mark, Spicy mom. You seem like you're holding it together pretty well, I'm impressed!

erica said...

Yeah! My mom says her "pregnancy" time with my brother when we adopted him was so much harder than carrying my sis and I...

I'm so happy for Mardi and will pray for a speedy and easy transition time!

PandaMom said...

I KNOW!!!! Weren't you just elated for her?!!! We've been following her so long, that I feel we've been waiting, too! LOL!

Have you kept up with Steffie B? Their little guy is just GORGEOUS!!

Miss you more than a few words can even attempt to convey. XXOO

~LL~ said...

Wonderful! Congrats to that family!

Mardi said...

Thank you!! I really do not know what I would have done these three years if not for my blog friends who have encouraged me all the way! :)

I'm glad you are with us on this journey. :)

Mardi