It was Saturday morning when I called my parents and said, "How long has it been since we've met for breakfast at the Cracker Barrell?" We met shortly after and had a delicious breakfast together. Well, our day didn't end there.
Boppa Spice went to work at the store with Daddy Spice, and Mamama Spice, Spicy Girl and I decided to spend the day together. First stop, a favorite local shopping area. Bonus...the best ice cream place in the world! It's a beautiful area with stone cows to climb on, flowers in bloom, and a wishing fountain.
After shopping there for a while, we decided it was time to head home...but low and behold, on the drive home, I found another shopping area that Mamama Spice had never been. It's one of our newer shopping areas with all kinds of fancy shops I can't afford to shop at. But the atmosphere there is awesome. Mamama Spice bought a few Father's Day gifts, then we found a play area next to a Starbucks. We were having so much fun, that we called the boys and had them meet us there for dinner at The California Pizza Kitchen.

4 comments:
LOL...we've been on those cows!
Good for you guys! I know Spicygirl loves her Boppa and Mamama, any day with them is right up her alley:)
I agree, those are the best days..Awesome
Laura, don't know if you all are connected to the Chinese community here in Austin but if you are not, definitely connect to Amy Wong Mok at the Austin Asian Community Center on Jollyville. A friend of mine, Wei Luo, is a Chinese-American and might be a way to help your family better maintain connection for your daughter and her Chinese culture. His parents are physicians in China and he is doing a lot to help connect the US to Mainland China. jtp.
Post a Comment