Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ants!!!!!

We have been overrun by ants. I'm about to lose my mind!! They started in our bedroom. When Daddy Spice would leave clothes on the floor next to his side of the bed, we would find them covered in ants by the next morning. He treated the ant mounds outside, and then treated our room with diatomaceous earth (safe "earthy" way to treat). They finally left that area and moved to the laundry hamper. Our dirty clothes would be covered in ants, so again, we treated with diatomaceous earth. So this morning, before making Spicy Girl's bed, but a few hours after she had woken up, there were ants all over her bed. Had they been in there while she was in bed? I don't know. She didn't have any bites on her. Just freaked me out a little. I stripped her bed and washed everything, but after returning home from church tonight, there were ants on her mattress. So Spicy Girl got to go to bed in the guest room, a first for her. Now what? How do I treat her bed. The diatomaceous earth is safe, but I don't want it all over her mattress. If you don't know what diatomaceous earth is, it's little insect skeletons (looks like dust) that are sharp and cut the insects exoskeletons. The insects end up getting dehydrated and die. Again, I don't want insect skeleton all over Spicy Girl's bed. Well, I guess we're going to have to figure it out tomorrow. I'm heading to bed...I hope there are no ants in it!

3 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

While the Pandas can't claim me for real, they really were like parents to me during my adolescence, thus our close contact all these years. Even now, 17 hours away, we still keep in touch pretty regularly.

The top picture on my blog won't be evidence of the fall here until about October. That's when the colors really start popping out. I didn't take enough pictures last fall, so my goal is to definitely take more this time around! The second picture is Southern's campus in the fall, and it truly is outstanding. Neither the pictures nor my post do justice to what campus is like during the fall.

Thanks for commenting (I do look at your blog occasionally, though I've never posted a comment) :)

PandaMom said...

Yuck! and I am soooo sorry! I don't know what to tell you to do! Have you "googled" it or called an exterminator to just ask? No, SpicyGirl does NOT need ants in her pants. Sorry, couldn't pass that pun by. Talk to you later.

PandaMom said...

I got the "pretty" lady off of Google Images and just dragged it to my desktop. I don't know if PCs can do that like Macs or if there is some other way. That is the same way we got the Panda picture. Try it. How are the ants?