Friday, September 22, 2006

The Joy of Motherhood


I stand back and look at my refridgerator wondering if it's too gaudy. You can hardly see the stainless steel we spent a pretty penny on for our new/ fixer-upper house. But then I remember the many, many years my refridgerator stood bare. Maybe some family pictures were neatly placed in the front, but that was it. No magnetic alphabet letters, pictures and lesson pages from Sunday School and Mother's Day Out. No special pictures drawn for Mommy and Daddy. And especially, no pictures of our precious child, our daughter. Now I look at my refridgerator and smile, because it's full of the things I waited so long to have. What joy our little one brings to our life, and I'm proud to place each and every (when possible) page she has put her little heart into to present to Mommy and Daddy. I take countless pictures of her and just don't have enough room to display them all. Nonetheless, it brings me joy to stand back and look at what we've been blessed with. Our sweet little girl. Who needs to see the bare stainless steel?

2 comments:

PandaMom said...

I love it!!!!!! You know that I love that kind of everyday life stuff. I really like the photo of the two girls on the top left side. REALLY cute!

Anonymous said...

We have the same fridge!! Well, it looks like it at least. I must say, I am thankful that fridges are magnetic. Where else would we hang all of our kid's stuff?