Friday, September 29, 2006

From Tadpole to Frog



Today was absolutely gorgeous! Daddy Spice and I have been planning for quite some time now to dig new flower beds in the front yard and replace the dead flowers by our front door. It was so hot this summer, that I kept the blinds closed most of the time. With the blinds closed, and no desire to go outside, I would forget to water my flower pots (sorry to my parents). Now that the weather is more bearable, we went flower shopping. There is a wonderful nursery called The Greenery near by. They had a little pond full of lily pads. Spicy Girl noticed the "fish" swimming around, so I had the opportunity to explain the life cycle of a frog. If you look closely at the lily pad, you will see a tiny frog.

Spicy Girl is resting up from our all day outings, but as soon as she wakes up, she will be ready to plant the flowers!!

1 comment:

PandaMom said...

Hmmm...who knew? I didn't even know you had a green thumb. Mine is brown. : (