
Back in the beginning of August, Spicy Girl had her colors out and was just in an artistic mood. She was coloring and drawing, writing letters, going through page after page. This is one of the drawings she did that day. I was overjoyed at the detail and expression she put into her portrait. It is a picture of Daddy (big one), Mommy (medium sized one) and Spicy Girl (small one). There are smiles on all of our faces. She stands safely between Daddy and Mommy. We are all on level ground. The sun is shining above us. She has not drawn another picture like this one since then. I'm not an artist, nor do I really know how to "read" the meaning here, but this looks to me like a picture drawn by a happy, secure little girl. Spicy Girl spent the first 10 months of her life in an orphanage in China. It may not seem like much time, but we will never know what took place during those 10 months. As we've worked with social workers for our adoptions, we have learned that even during that short amount of time, she could live with suppressed memories for the rest of her life. Who knows? What I see is a happy, secure, independent, loving, and yes, bossy little princess who lights up our lives!!
BTW- This drawing has been framed and hung on Daddy's wall at work.

3 comments:
God is good. : )
I love this portrait! :)
You asked about DIGGING TO AMERICA - it is a wonderful novel about 2 American families who meet at the airport while waiting to meet their Korean adopted daughters. It deals with race issues, agism and family dynamics. Well-written, good read! Enjoy :)
Spicy Girl's picture is wonderful! Doesn't it just fill your heart to see how happy and secure your daughter is. All is right in the world.
Post a Comment