Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Working on Mei-Mei
I met our social worker yesterday for the first time. Spicy Girl was with me. We had a great meeting. I love our sw. She has been a preschool teacher for twenty-something years and was so awesome with Spicy Girl. Spicy Girl climbed in her lap, kissed her cheek and hugged her. The sw just about had tears in her eyes and said, "Don't expect it to happen just like this again." We know we have an incredible little girl, but I also know the Lord knows who belongs with us. We're not looking to get another Spicy Girl, we already have her.... we want our Mei-Mei. Anyway, we have four meetings, and that counted as #1. We meet again tomorrow for her one on one with me. I know things have slowed down so much in China, but we are going ahead and getting our dossier done as quickly as possible so we can get in line in China. We waited 2 years for Spicy Girl, we can wait for Mei-Mei.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yea for you!!! One step down, many more to go. The only problem is that I wish Mei Mei had a name! Love you!
Good luck on your paperchase! As you well know, it is so worth the work and the wait. Spicy Girl is going to be a big sister!! Woohoo!!
Congratulations!
Post a Comment