Thursday, September 21, 2006

Imaginary Friends

Well, Spicy Girl has had two imaginary friends for several months now. Their name's are America (from China) and big brother. S.G.'s big brother doesn't have a name, just big brother. She doesn't play with them or talk to them. She talks about them and tells me what they like and where they are. They often have birthdays. When we are going somewhere special, S.G. always says America's coming too. Occasionally her big brother comes as well. I don't know where this came from or why it started. I used to think it was kind of strange for kids to have imaginary friends, as I never had one, but as I have read, it is very normal. Anyone out there have kids with imaginary friends?

2 comments:

PandaMom said...

No imaginary friends, but a very vivid and active imagination! Guess where Panda-Pop will be tomorrow night and Sat? Your campgrounds!!!! He is doing a retreat for Paula's kids. Thought you'd get a kick outta that. I don't think I can do playgroup on Monday. I am taking PP to the chiropractor for the first time. We have company all weekend, so the blog might be our only words to each other. Later!

Anonymous said...

I saw your website through my cousin Jennifer's (Jen-Lo). I have four children 8 and under, none have had imaginary friends yet but my nephew (now 13) did for a couple of years, his name was Iggy and they had conversations for all to hear. My nephew is a very bright, completely normal boy who had plenty of friends and family. We all loved it and though it was great. It lasted quite a while but either he doesn't remember it now or won't admit that he does. :-) My blog is http://360.yahoo.com/maryellenhuff