Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Youth "Movie Night" Christmas Party

Tonight I got to meet one of my favorite families... The Von Trapps. The Sound of Music is my very favorite movie, so I had to get a picture. Let me explain. Every year, our youth Christmas party is a huge "dress up" party. All of the small groups pick a movie and dress as the characters. Then there's a contest for best costumes. This of course was my #1 choice. There were so many great costumes.
Here I am "star struck" with Maria Von Trapp. Ok, so it's not her, but it's as close as I'm ever going to get.
There were so many movies represented tonight. Some of them were Elf, King Kong, Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Ghost Busters, Braveheart, Star Wars, and so many more.
This was another one of my favorites... Elf. These guys won first place for Junior High.
There's more to the party than dressing up. Although the night is crazy, fun, and a little "Hollywood," the message of Christ is preached. Our youth pastor brings the focus in on what Christmas is truly about...the birth of our savior. Teens respond to the message and give God the Glory. It's an awesome night!

4 comments:

PandaMom said...

You know how I love your church. This is just one more reason why. ; )

Unknown said...

What a great picture!!!!1

Mardi said...

Looks like a great church! The Von Trapp group did a great job with their costumes!

Anonymous said...

Ok...that movie ALWAYS reminds me of you and how we used to watch it when it came on together in the summers or holidays! I LOVE it too!! ...know the words to EVERY song on it! Great pics.....I need to catch up on my blog someday!