Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A Very Merry Christmas it Was!!


Christmas Eve morning, we got dressed up for Christmas Eve service at church. Spicy Girl looked precious in her Christmas best. When we walked into church, we were greeted by our Prime Timers Christmas Carolling. It was beautiful. Our service was complete with Christmas Carols, a short, funny and sweet Christmas drama and a Christmas sermon.
That evening, we had Christmas Eve with Cousin Sonja. Daddy read the Christmas Story from the Bible.
Then we ripped open the presents. Spicy Girl's comment this year was, "Are there more for me?" Yikes!
Then we made Christmas S'mores. Yum!

Christmas morning, we drove down to Salado to meet my family at the Stagecoach Inn. This has been our Christmas tradition for at least 9 years now. It's one of my favorite Christmas traditions.

After lunch, we went to my parent's house. This is the welcome committee; Dayna the Republican Donkey, Bitsy the horse and a crew of cows. Spicy Girl gets to feed them snacks when we come.

Here's Spicy Girl with her Boppa. I think they think each other "hung the moon."


Austin....my home town. I love this place. After time with my parent's, we went to Daddy Spice's Mom's house...Nana. We went out last night to see the lights down town. We drove right in front of the capital. Isn't it beautiful? I got a little homesick last night after driving around town to all the familiar places.

Look what Nana got Spicy Girl for Christmas. Her own soccer ball. Now she doesn't have to "hog" Deshing Darling and Panda Girl's ball any more.

Daddy and Spicy Girl got a little practice before heading home.

We had a wonderful family Christmas tour. Now we will prepare for our New Years plans. Whoopie!

6 comments:

PandaMom said...

Love the first pic of the red outfit! You look amazing at the Inn...woohoo! I also laughed out loud and learned new things about you with your odd things. She tagged me, too...check it out. ; )

Stephanie said...

What fun!!!

Tamara said...

Wow- you have a beautiful blessed life! Spicy girl did indeed look precious in her Christmas best! Happy New Year.

~LL~ said...

I have been tagged. I have a blog to do...I will then do my oddities in a day or 2. :D

I LOVE AUSTIN! DH and I have often talked of moving back there....if it wasn't for the school and the church.

Jane said...

What a wonderful Christmas you spent with family enjoying stories, laughter and great food. What more could there be?

Sonia said...

You have a beautiful family!! Your daughter is adorable. We brought our Kailee home from Hunan in June. Looks like you all had a nice Christmas. Happy Holidays!