Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

We had an awesome weekend at my husband's sister's cabin in East Texas.
Our first day was spent in a little town called Mineola. We ate lunch at a cute little "tea room" and then shopped at the antique stores. This lady's store was really cute, and she was so sweet to help Spicy Girl spell her name with old, wooden blocks.
Good job Spicy Girl!!
This was our last shop. Spicy Girl was DONE. She was sick of the smells in the antique stores. I can't say I blame her. They do get a little musty.
On the second day we went to a nearby State Park. This was a very cold nature walk. That's Sonja with Spicy Girl. Notice the Easter basket? That was for collecting "treasures."
New Year's Eve!! Santa put some glow sticks in Spicy Girl's stocking this year. We put them to good use.
And, what's New Year's Eve without some sparklers?
We had a great weekend with our family.
Happy New Year to everyone!!

7 comments:

~LL~ said...

I love the pictures with the sparklers. I didn't even think to get my camera out last night...perhaps because I was thinking of my cold tushie :D

Welcome back!

Stephanie said...

Happy New Year! Those pictures are awesome!! You guys look like you have so much fun!

Anonymous said...

boppa say
Does Spicygirl have more fun than any kid in the world, or what!

Tamara said...

Your family does the funnest things! Spicy girl always looks so happy! Happy New Year!

Mama Darling said...

We stayed in a cabin near Mineola a few years ago. The area is beautiful! Looks like you had a great time. Re: pictures in sidebar and title--I posted pictures in my private folder on Photobucket, then just used the html language provided--easy! I will show you Friday if you need help.

PandaMom said...

I love the sparkler pictures!~ Too Cool!!!! We are sooo excited about the Pink Poodle Pajama Party! ; )

Mardi said...

Happy New Year! Hopefully 2007 brings me my Lauren! :)